i have a great idea and i mean great idea about a csi theme for the blackberry/iphone/touchscreen phone.... and to be honest i think the idea is so good i should get paid for it... how do i get myself into something like this.. do i have to call csi producers and get licenses and things like this.... all i have is the idea i can't make them.. i need someone to make them...

help?
    03-02-09 05:27 PM
    Well.... it's much like iphone apps. If you're translating something that isn't available to make it available, it should be fine. There are loads of apps and themes (such as movies/sports teams) that it would be hard to think someone would go after you. I have been posting my themes all over different forums since I got my blackberry last week, and got so many responses that I'm building a website for them now at promoso mobile. I'm looking for idea people and developers to help make apps (either for free like you can get here or paid, depending on the scope).

Here's another thought... I don't see people get paid for ideas. I see people getting paid for turning ideas into reality. What's got you inspired? Is there more to your idea than just "csi?" I saw a theme on here somewhere that lookslike NSA... it was pretty awesome.
    Last edited by isawred2; 03-02-09 at 11:47 PM.
    03-02-09 11:39 PM
    well maybe not csi.. more like a police theme i guess. i just would like to get paid for this idea because of many different factors.. im in the police academy and just have experience 2nd i don't think the idea has every been put into development. 3rd i cant make the theme because i have no clue on how to do it... but if someone can do it then we can share the profits. there is such huge potential profits for making apps! and if you have a devopler and an idea man then it would be great!!!
    03-03-09 12:28 AM
    well maybe not csi.. more like a police theme i guess. i just would like to get paid for this idea because of many different factors.. im in the police academy and just have experience 2nd i don't think the idea has every been put into development. 3rd i cant make the theme because i have no clue on how to do it... but if someone can do it then we can share the profits. there is such huge potential profits for making apps! and if you have a devopler and an idea man then it would be great!!!
    Maybe if you provide the icons...
    03-03-09 12:30 AM
    An app is not the same as a theme. A theme changes the way your berry looks, an app actually does something.

I think it's Bplay who has a CSI game, and I know I've seen at least one law enforcement theme. I think it may have been on Cool BlackBerry Themes.

I'm not trying to burst your bubble, but unless it's an extraordinary, never-before-seen theme, you won't make tons of money off of it.
    03-03-09 12:48 AM
    oh its never been seen... and i mean theme not app srry.. hey i might be totaly wrong and my idea might suck.. but im sure if i have a great developer this theme would rock!!! mybe a few ppl can test drive it and see if they like it if so .. we can mass market and sell it... then again you really dont know
    03-03-09 01:27 AM
    If you want to, you can check out the link in my sig, it's to my theme website. A lot of it's nothing fancy, but I like to pay attention to detail. pm me or email me if you think I can help out in any way.
    03-04-09 01:13 AM
    You could always try to make it yourself. It's not tough once you get used to Plazmic. I've learned to use it by just fooling around with it and reading tutorials when I get stuck with something.
    03-04-09 07:26 AM
    Add me to ur blackberry messanger.... Well talk.

My pin can be found in my profile

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-04-09 10:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD