How do I exactly install a theme that I've downloaded onto my blackberry?
    I'm totally new to blackberry completely and I honestly tried really hard to find the How To on the forums but I cannot seem to find it.

You don't even have to explain how to install it, just posting a link or something would be very helpful.
    02-21-09 10:22 AM
    How do I exactly install a theme that I've downloaded onto my blackberry?
    I'm totally new to blackberry completely and I honestly tried really hard to find the How To on the forums but I cannot seem to find it.

You don't even have to explain how to install it, just posting a link or something would be very helpful.
    Once it is downloaded, go to options, themes, then select the theme you downloaded.
    02-21-09 10:26 AM
    OTA themes will be available for download through your BB. Sometimes, you might have to do a battery pull in order for it to show up in your themes section. Once battery pull is complete, go to Options>>Themes, scroll down to whichever you want to use and press the trackball. This will install the theme.

ZIP themes, you can only download using a PC. Can't really give you steps on how to do this! Someone will come along and exlain the process!

Also, make sure the themes OS matches your phones OS! If you don't know your OS, go to Options>>About, third line down will tell you your OS.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by skullgame45; 02-21-09 at 10:33 AM.
    02-21-09 10:30 AM
    No I mean, I downloaded it to my computer. You can actually download it to your phone?
    02-21-09 10:30 AM
    Yes, only if you have a data plan will you be able to download OTA themes directly to your BB. As stated before, ZIP themes are the ones you download using a PC.

02-21-09 10:35 AM
    This youtube video will guide you through the process of adding the theme to your BB using a PC:

02-21-09 10:37 AM
    Thanks so much skullgame. Much appreciated.
    02-21-09 10:42 AM
    Actually, I gave you the wrong video link! Here's the one I meant to post:

The other one is downlading using your BB. Sorry for the confusion!

02-21-09 10:48 AM
    Last question, how do you delete a theme if you no longer want it?

Reason I ask, I see that some themes I downloaded slowed my Bold a lot.
    Last edited by cruciaL; 02-21-09 at 11:30 AM.
    02-21-09 11:25 AM
    Go to Options>>Advanced Options>>Applications, find the theme you want to delete, press Menu and select Delete. Sometimes it'll prompt you to restart the phone. If it does this, click on Yes, otherwise it'll remain there until you restart your BB.

02-21-09 11:33 AM
    I've tried, there was no 'Delete'.
    02-21-09 11:34 AM
    Did you do it exactly like I said? Pressing Menu, then delete?

02-21-09 11:35 AM
    Oh nevermind I went the wrong way. Sorry XD thanks again skullgame
    02-21-09 11:38 AM
    Hey no problem! I've learned most of what I know from people on this site!

02-21-09 11:40 AM
    Youtube is blocked at work.

Can anyone write out the basic directions for loading a theme from the PC to my BB?

Thanks.
    03-09-09 10:35 AM
    I just copy and paste the web address the page you are on that has the Theme you want to an Email. Send it to yourself so you can retrieve it on your phone. Open the email Get the web address you sent. When you get to the web site on your phone click on the link to download the Theme and the phone does the rest.
    03-09-09 03:46 PM
    Thats a great tip! Thanks
    03-10-09 11:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD