10-13-13 11:22 AM
553 ... 1718192021 ...
tools
    sigh didnt work for my phone.
    04-13-09 01:05 AM
    thanks for the info it worked like a charm for me A++++++
    04-13-09 09:20 PM
    Hello.

Anyone know where I can get screen captures of these themes so can take a look before installing?

AT&T
    BB Dimension-List
    BB Demension Icon
    BB Deminsion Today
    BB Deminsion Zen
    O2 Today
    02 Zen
    Orange
    Sprint
    Telefonica Zen
    TIM Zen
    T-Mobile Zen
    Verizon
    Vodafone Today
    BB Insight-Icon
    BB Insight-List
    Bell
    Cingular
    O2-Icon
    02-List
    Orange
    Overlord-Icon
    Sprint
    Vodafone
    04-14-09 03:40 PM
    When I deleted all the vendor ID's and went to save the file, it said access was denied!! Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong??
    04-20-09 01:59 PM
    I changed the blackberry.alx file properly, but when I connect my BB it doesn't upgrade. How do I do it manually? Also, when I go to Update Software, it gives me two options: My current firmware or a previous one, which it says (preferred) beside...? So when I select current, it doesn't give me all the core files on my BB, just the apps I've installed, but they are all there when I select the older firmware version... any ideas?
    04-20-09 06:44 PM
    so what are the themes and what do they look like.
    04-20-09 10:56 PM
    Sounds way to hard for me
    04-21-09 09:58 AM
    doesnt wrk with 8900 i think cos i tired editin alx file with n without vendor id
    04-22-09 07:37 PM
    thanks for the info..
    04-23-09 03:41 AM
    So please clarify...

All these theme are ALREADY on my phone... Just locked???

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-26-09 06:36 PM
    When I deleted all the vendor ID's and went to save the file, it said access was denied!! Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong??
    it wont work for me either. it tells me to contact the admin for permission. plus the file you load in the desktop manager is not a text file and you can only save it as a text file... some 1 pleasee help!!!!!!!!!

no struggle no success...
    05-01-09 06:09 AM
    when i go to research in motion i dont see the file shared. i have the storm can anyone help?
    05-02-09 08:46 AM
    Ok so this post got my attention when it was bumped to the top... So I follow the instructions and I'm not finding the same text that everyone is referring to in the blackberry.alx file. Would this have anything to do with OS version? ie... This will only work with "official" releases?
    05-04-09 06:54 PM
    it wont work for me either. it tells me to contact the admin for permission. plus the file you load in the desktop manager is not a text file and you can only save it as a text file... some 1 pleasee help!!!!!!!!!

no struggle no success...

I get the same error..."dont have permissions to save in this location."
    How can this be fixed???
    05-06-09 05:37 PM
    OK so I tiried this and it wouldnt let me save it kept saying you do not have permission to edit this file. So I took the one out saved it to my desktop and copied and pasted it to word then saved it as blackberry alx file. when I plugged my device in it didnt recognize the update so I tried updated manually an it told me wasnt for my device?????? help

i was having the same problem as you, i couldnt save over the .alx file in the shared folder so i did what you did, i brought it into word and tried to save it as .alx and i dont have a listing for that. i am running Vista and using Office 07. Do you have any other advice?
    thank you,
    05-06-09 06:06 PM
    This worked out fine for me. If you are bringing the alx file into Word, you are looking for a lot of problems. Here is the best way to do it:

Open the Blackberry.asx file with notepad, and press ctrl+h. Type "_vender" into the search box, and hit "Find Next". This will take you to the parts that you need to erase. Continue erasing the "_vendor..." in each theme that you want.

When you are saving the file, it is important to save the file as "BlackBerry.alx" AND select "All Files" in the "Files of type" dropdown box.

When you upgrade your phone, you will have the themes available. Keep in mind that I was not able to use the backup feature for some reason after that...
    05-07-09 04:07 PM
    I have read through several pages and if I understand this sprint phoes cannot be unlocked? If I'm incorrect can someone tell me what words I'm looking for, I can get to the correct file location but the vendor info doesn't show up. Thanks!
    05-15-09 08:08 PM
    Tried to do this twice, second time it worked.
    Just delete the numbers of the incorrect vendor ID and type your vendor ID in, within the quotation marks.
    You could also open two windows, one with the detailed instructions (Brian.natkie post is a good one if you have AT&T) and another with the blackberry.alx file alongside it.

After you have saved the file (ctrl + s), close all windows, then open the desktop manager and then click on App loader.
    It won't download until you connect your berry. After it is downloaded, the berry will still have an hour glass on the screen for about 10 minutes or less, do not disconnect your berry until done.
    Once done, go to options>theme> You will only see your current themes at first glance, but then you have to scroll down and you'll see the other carrier's themes.

Hope this help someone.
    05-21-09 12:11 AM
    I have the 8900 but i cannot seem to locate the folder in which im supposed to edit. Its not there. THe only thing i get to is computer>localdisk>program files(x86)>resarchinmotion>blackberry and thats it there is no loader or shared folder. and this is the only fold that my blackberry stuff is on.. its not locatedin the normal program files. i have windows vista. can someone please help me because i would love to have the themes. thanks ahead of time.
    05-21-09 12:51 AM
    How do I get this to work with my Storm running the latest official Verizon OS?

I, too, cannot track down the text that others refer to in this thread...
    06-05-09 09:40 PM
    wish i was that tech savvy
    06-16-09 01:38 PM
    32 pages later...

I still don't have the guts to try this.
    06-20-09 12:46 AM
    Does this work for all BB's?
    06-20-09 01:11 AM
    I looked in the Blackberry .alx file and there is only one theme that I can even see which is the default Storm theme anyway I don't think there is more than one for the storm no matter what carrier.
    06-20-09 01:24 AM
    Can someone please help me. I just unlocked the vendor themes on my BB curve 8330(sprint) but red icons appear on my application screen that were not part of my BB. I just want to delete them.

Icon names:
    Costumer center online
    Costumer Manager
    My monternet
    Service Hotline
    Settings
    Xin Ji Service guide

Does anyone else having the same problem??? How do you get rid of them???
    06-20-09 05:58 PM
553 ... 1718192021 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD