10-13-13 11:22 AM
553 ... 1617181920 ...
tools
    I can't find the theme file and editit it :-(

When i use desktop manager , it doesn't even ask me to upgrade :-(
    i deleted the vendor.xml
    Last edited by Vobgro; 02-27-09 at 08:59 PM.
    02-27-09 06:19 PM
    does this work on 8900?
    coz i cant find the "shared" folder in RIM folder in common files
    03-01-09 03:40 AM
    I don't understand what this does? Does it give you more themes?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-01-09 03:48 PM
    Will this work with the storm? I cant find any off the files listed in my alx file?
    03-05-09 06:01 PM
    It says I don't have permission to save in that file. Can I save it elsewhere and manually load it?
    03-08-09 08:27 PM
    never mind, i read back and figured out how to save it on vista. I saved it and loaded it, it took FOREVER and I was afraid i nuked my berry!! Fortunately it was just taking it's own sweet time. I now have the pretty pink theme going!
    03-08-09 08:49 PM
    Hey all, I finally got the guts to try this... So the themes are unlocked, I see them in the list, however in my list of applications there is a new row of icons that I've never seen before - I must have accidentally deleted something I wasn't supposed to. Has this happened to anyone else? Please help!

EDIT: Sorry, I have an 8310 running 4.5. If that helps and/or makes any difference.

EDIT Again: I'm just gonna go back to "normal." I don't think its worth it. And I'm really not just being impatient, I swear.

Oh NO! The icons are still there.
    Last edited by karyney; 03-11-09 at 08:35 PM.
    03-11-09 07:23 PM
    Well I copied and pasted the specs above and when I ran DM nothing happened. So I'm left to think that I gotta un- and then re-

i have a question for you a want to unlock my blackberry 7250 can you help me

03-12-09 10:16 AM
    any chance this works on a storm? im sure that within the 29 pages of this thread the storm has been mentioned...
    i didd all pages no confirmation about storm

DOES THIS WORKS ON STORM?
    03-19-09 07:49 PM
    What if you have an 8310 and you are using TMO as your carrier? When I used the directions given by pinstack the correct vendor id is there but it still has <!-- AT&T US filesets --> listed and not t-mobile. Does that make a difference as to which vendor themes will be available to me?
    03-19-09 08:47 PM
    Ok I may have spoken to soon I see where it says tmobile that the vendor is 100 and I need to change to the correct version so I will try that first.
    03-19-09 08:50 PM
    I found this point a little unclear, and just to help others who did.

"Run Application Loader" after the changes to blackberry.alx

I thought that meant run it from BB Desktop Manager, but what it actually meant was run

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader\Loader.exe
    Thank you so much for the path to that!
    03-19-09 11:01 PM
    I have changed my vendor themes and saved the alx file. But I have tried to download the vendor themes using the application loader from the c:/ file and also using the desktop manager and nothing happened. Can anyone help me?
    03-20-09 12:48 AM
    The specific message I am getting is Invaid Configuration The application Arabic cannot be loaded because it requires the following application that are not available net.rim.platform.lang.ar, any suggestions?
    03-20-09 01:14 AM
    Can you help me. I finally figured out how to changes my vendor ID in my alx file. But once I did that and tried to use the uploader and my desktop manager I get the error Invalid Configuration. The application Arabic cannot be loaded because it requires the following application that are not available net.rim.platform.lang.ar Can this be fixed?

Let me first start off by saying, we here at CrackBerry take no responsibility if you attempt this and royally screw up your BlackBerry. This is not a difficult process, but you have to be a little techinal saavy to do this. Now with that being said.....

You'll need to edit your blackberry.alx file.

First off you need to have the appropriate OS for your device loaded on your PC. Once loaded, find the blackberry.alx file. It will generally be found here:

C:/Program Files/Common Files/Research in Motion/Shared/Loader Files/8800-v4.2.1.74_P2.3.0.54

**The last folder is the OS you have loaded on your PC, my example is the 8800 OS**

Once found, open the file using WordPad, and look for something similiar to this example (note, this is example only)

<!-- Cingular US filesets -->

<fileset Colour="True" KeyboardType="Qwerty" Java="1.0" series="8800" _vendorID="102">
    <files>

This is the theme file, you'll need to edit it and take out the vendorID. It should look like this when done.

<!-- Cingular US filesets -->

<fileset Colour="True" KeyboardType="Qwerty" Java="1.0" series="8800">
    <files>

You can do this for all the theme files and hence have all vendor themes unlocked for your use. Then just Save the file. Close all the open files, then open Desktop Manager, connect your device, and it should automatically ask if you want to upgrade. Just click yes and you should be good to go. If it doesn't, you can open the App Loader and do it manually.

Now if you are using an OS other than one provided from your carrier, you'll also need to delete the Vendor.XML file. It can be found in the same location as the BlackBerry.alx file.

Give this a shot, if you get lost, come back here and let us know.
    03-20-09 06:20 PM
    guys whats going on..many people asked if this works for storm..no body bothers to answer?
    03-21-09 12:18 PM
    guys whats going on..many people asked if this works for storm..no body bothers to answer?
    My quess is that if noone is answering, then noone knows the answer.
    03-22-09 08:31 AM
    im not in the mood to brick my 8900 so i wanna know if im understanding this right. where the different vendor themes are listed in the axl file i should change all the vendor ids to 100 sense im on tmo? and then just save and load up dm?
    03-30-09 05:07 PM
    im going to assume no seeing as how i did that to just one of them to see what happens and desktop manager tried to completley downgrade my phone software so ya not doing this
    03-30-09 05:15 PM
    Hi
    I have BB8310 v4..0.124, needed some clarifications on some points.
    1. will the procedure been told from page 1 will work 100% on current O.S
    2. If i only need selected vendor themes whats the procedure.
    3. If need to revert back 100% to original status before installing theme what precautions should be taken.

03-31-09 08:45 AM
    i do not have the Shared/Loader Files. i get all the way to the Research in Motion file but i do not see the shared/loader files.
    04-04-09 04:45 PM
    Can any1 tell me why my texts get stuck on my homescreen if I receive a text while my phone is holstered?
    They get stuck on the 2day view. Even if I delete the text. Only batt pull will erase it. Kinda annoying.

04-08-09 11:17 AM
    canthis be done on the 9530 as well
    04-08-09 11:51 AM
    I tried it on the Storm 9530, but it doesn't seem to have that information in the file. Maybe it's in another file, or it's coded differently so you can't access them anymore.
    04-09-09 10:48 PM
    I am trying this on a Sprint/Nextel 8350i Curve and there is only 1 vendor ID in the blackberry.alx file. I also only see 3 .cod themes in the JAVA folder. I am running the 4.6 OS, did they get rid of the other themes for in this software, or am I looking in the wrong spot.

Thanks for the help.
    04-11-09 06:56 PM
553 ... 1617181920 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD