553 ... 1516171819 ...
tools
    Hi,
    Please let me know if you be able to success on this modify
    Mine: Cold not find the share files
    I have AT&T carrier
    Thanks
    11-16-08 01:13 PM
    You must install the handset os that you want to upgrade to then the shared folder will be created.I always uninstall previous version of the handset os from my computer before installing a newer version. Also make sure you are using at least the same version of desktop manager as the handset os installed or later. Ex. If you are using desktop manager 4.3 and want to install handset os 4.5 then it will not work. Go ahead and uninstall desktop manager software and install the latest version found at the blackberry.com website and you will be able to do the upgrades without problems.
    11-16-08 01:48 PM
    worked like a charm!
    11-17-08 01:17 AM
    Thanks for this good post!

Can someone pls upload a blackberry.alx file as I have problem installing the package to my pc and locating the file. Thanks everyone!
    11-17-08 02:17 AM
    Edited because I'm a newb. Figured it out!
    Last edited by Semantics; 11-25-08 at 05:25 AM.
    11-25-08 04:15 AM
    worked like a dream on my "starter" bb 7100t
    11-28-08 10:44 PM
    Many thanks Kasperapd!
    12-08-08 08:05 AM
    I was denied access to change the file. Any ideas?
    12-08-08 08:45 AM
    Yes... when running Vista especially you will need to right click the file and select properties. then you will need to edit the access permissions for administrator and current user then apply changes. Once done you can modify the file.
    12-08-08 08:53 AM
    Since this original thread was started quite some time ago, is this still work with 4.5 os? I just updated my AA&T 8310 curve with the latest 4.5 os and would love to have a few new themes to play with!
    12-21-08 11:18 AM
    I just did this and I have to say it is utterly hilarious to be running a vzw phone with other company themes on it. This site rules!
    12-23-08 03:21 PM
    ive got the same question - anyone know?

Since this original thread was started quite some time ago, is this still work with 4.5 os? I just updated my AA&T 8310 curve with the latest 4.5 os and would love to have a few new themes to play with!
    12-31-08 09:18 AM
    Using a VZW 8130 with 4.5.0.89…

I would like to keep just the today theme or minimum required themes to support today theme.. Is it possible to remove all or most others?

Can someone list files that are safe to delete from Java folder?

...I was able to delete first 2 themes by deleting files using javaloader. But, can't figure out how to delete the Verizon theme.

Anyone know how?
    Last edited by bbhooked; 01-01-09 at 12:26 PM. Reason: Update
    01-01-09 11:00 AM
    hot damn this works like a charm. cheers!
    01-02-09 02:57 AM
    Just follow the directions. All I did was do a find on fileset and then found the first theme for 8100. Then I just deleted vender code per the instruction. Just beware, I did them all and was about anthor 8mb of space. I ended up removeing them later

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    how did you go about "I ended up removeing them later" ?
    01-12-09 08:21 AM
    having problem saving changes says do not have access to save file using vista???? help please???
    01-13-09 03:06 AM
    i did this and when I updated, all my themes went away.....do I have to redo it for the update?
    01-16-09 01:15 AM
    Yes, it works and it was very easy to do. I just got my phone 2 days ago and haven't even figured it all out yet but I had no problem with this. The only thing I thought was wrong was it took a long time for the phone to start back up again but it did and all the themes are there.

01-19-09 05:51 PM
    got it to work on my 4.1 7250. i think

stupid non keypad laptop.

it only unlocked an orange theme. i enabled it, but its not immediatley working... battery pull made it work

any chance this works on a storm? im sure that within the 29 pages of this thread the storm has been mentioned...
    Last edited by vandebe; 01-22-09 at 11:43 AM.
    01-22-09 11:36 AM
    I did it, it worked but it slowed me down too much. I want to revert back to the original. I saved the original and I added it over the one that was edited inside the windows folder but when I try to use the DM to update applications it says there is no software update required for your device? Now what - help!!

Thanks

UPDATE: Hope I did this right. I just browsed to the original .alx file inside the folder and it removed the uncrecognized modules (themes) that I had installed with this unlock. I hope this is the procedure if it doesnt do it automatically like mine did not.....
    Last edited by Tremortality; 01-29-09 at 08:38 PM.
    01-29-09 06:26 PM
    so i unlocked all the vendor themes and went to save it and it replies back saying, " Access to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\8100-v4.5.0.124_P2.7.0.92\Blackberry.alx was denied" What do i do now if i cant save it?
    01-31-09 03:04 PM
    I found this point a little unclear, and just to help others who did.

"Run Application Loader" after the changes to blackberry.alx

I thought that meant run it from BB Desktop Manager, but what it actually meant was run

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader\Loader.exe

(I think it might work from DM aswell, but this was much easier).

BTW, THANKS!!! Now my 8900 has more themes!
    02-08-09 02:33 PM
    so i unlocked all the vendor themes and went to save it and it replies back saying, " Access to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\8100-v4.5.0.124_P2.7.0.92\Blackberry.alx was denied" What do i do now if i cant save it?
    I am having the same problem on my mom's laptop. Trying to unlock her themes on her Curve. Works just fine on my PC running XP, but she is running Vista. Could this be the reason?
    02-10-09 07:51 PM
    Ok.. call me dumb, but (w/o reading all 11 pages), what exactly does unlocking vendor theme files do?

Can you then edit these in Plazmic and modify them to your personal taste?

I'm confused....
    02-11-09 09:40 AM
    I found this point a little unclear, and just to help others who did.

"Run Application Loader" after the changes to blackberry.alx

I thought that meant run it from BB Desktop Manager, but what it actually meant was run

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader\Loader.exe

(I think it might work from DM aswell, but this was much easier).

BTW, THANKS!!! Now my 8900 has more themes!

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!

I actually slogged through ALL 29 pages to see if that had been addressed before posting it for the [possibly] 88th time.

That said I have added AT&T, China Mobile, O2 Today, O2 Zen, Orange, Rogers (red stripe/ribbon theme), Telefonica, TOM, Vodafone Today and another T-Mo or two.

Sweet.

A few questions that have not been asked (at least in THIS thread):

1. I use folders to store stuff.... every time I switch themes - adios folders and back to all back on home screen. Any way to maintain the file structure?

2. Is there a way to move the themes to the storage card and have them read from there freeing up device memory?

3. A related question (but slightly off-topic) how do I move apps to the storage card? Or is this a wise move?

Thanks again to the answer above! Was driving me a little nutty.....
    02-18-09 05:27 PM
553 ... 1516171819 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD