10-13-13 11:22 AM
553 ... 1415161718 ...
tools
    I did as was explained, and lo & behold, unlocked 3 themes...I have t-mobile service which was has a pretty decent theme, but I am now using the Sprint theme...its even better....one thing I didn't see in the original listing was the only way I could get it to update was to install something, so I used a game, and it updated with the themes also....much appreciated.
    _Stryker_
    how did you get the sprint theme?
    09-30-08 12:43 AM
    editted the files, not when i try to reload it wants ot downgrade my docs to go and change the core apps. I can't do that. I even tried to do the 'simple' way, failed. this stinks
    10-02-08 01:51 PM
    I didn't read all 26 pages of this thread, so if this was mentioned earlier then sorry.

Before you edit the blackberry.alx file make sure you copy it somewhere else and then rename the original "old"
    like this "blackberry.alx.old"
    Now you will always have a copy of the unedited file in its root directory and if you ever need it, just remove the edited version and then remove the ".old" from the original.
    10-04-08 11:06 AM
    I was going to give this a go but i upgraded my curve from the blackberry website to 4.5. The problem I have is that the OS I have installed on my comp is the official version from verizon. The blackberry updater doesen't seem to install the new OS to the comp while running the update.

I thought about downloading a 4.5 os but I don't know if this would be the same thing.

Any ideas what I should do?
    10-04-08 05:04 PM
    question, how do you delete the ones you don't want? I tried thru the AppLoader and on advanced options > applications on the phone itself, but it doesn't show up on either one.
    10-08-08 04:10 AM
    nevermind that, even after I re-installed the original file it wouldn't show up but then I had to restart the phone and reconnect to AppLoader and it somehow found all of them when I went to the summary screen.

</ ******** 4am techie stuff>
    Last edited by ninja please; 10-08-08 at 04:15 AM.
    10-08-08 04:13 AM
    Now, I'm hoping this works because it's my last resort.

Anyhow, I have the 8130 - I unlocked the themes and it killed my memory to O bytes free. I'm curious, is there a way that these unwanted themes can be uninstalled without having to modify the .alx file over and over?

I'm also hoping that restoring to the old .alx will remove the modules so my memory is free again.
    10-15-08 02:34 PM
    Hi. I unlocked my themes, and am currently using the blue T-Mobile theme. But I was wondering how you could get the T-Mobile 5 to appear on your home screen, or is that something you have to actually be a T-Mobile customer to get?? Thank you.
    10-16-08 11:48 AM
    Okay, I'm running OS 4.5 on my 8330 and Vista PC, along with Desktop Manager 4.6. I've edited and saved the BlackBerry.alx file on my pc. However, when I launch DM and connect to the 8330 I get no prompt to upgrade. And when I try to manually browse to the .alx file and install via App Loader, I get this message:

"No additional applications designed for your device were found"
    10-16-08 07:02 PM

well i new to this blackberry stuff. and i want to up load themes. but i have no idea what your talking about where do i find blackberry.alx file ??

how do i access it???

HELLPP!!
    10-27-08 03:15 PM
    Wow I got this to work on my unlocked 8310 but now I have the myfaves application installed on my phone lol. All I wanted was the vodafone today theme but oh well.
    10-28-08 11:30 PM
    Ok, now how do you delete the ones you don't want??
    10-30-08 07:44 PM
    Ok, now how do you delete the ones you don't want??
    Never mind i figure it out. Also, if youre a pearl user be carful. I loaded this and it took up about another 7mb of space.
    10-31-08 06:58 AM
    Is this procedure still valid for the latest OS 4.5.0.81? I have looked into the blacberry.alx file and it looks much different since I did this procedure sometime ago for my 8100.

Any suggestion and advise is greatly appreciated.

Thank you all for your time.

gb
    11-01-08 11:13 AM
    Yes, it worked for me. First time

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-01-08 11:15 AM
    Thank you very much for your quick response. I am a little confused on the lines to remove (there are a lot more information from prior os). Could you be so kind to indicate where to start editing?

Thank you again.

gb
    11-01-08 11:22 AM
    Just follow the directions. All I did was do a find on fileset and then found the first theme for 8100. Then I just deleted vender code per the instruction. Just beware, I did them all and was about anthor 8mb of space. I ended up removeing them later

11-01-08 11:39 AM
    Thank you very much for your advise. I am currently running 4.2.0.107 with all the vendors themes unlocked and I have approximately 20mb free. In your experience, loading the new os and unlocking the themes will take up most of the memory? Is it worth the upgrade?

Thanks again for your time.

gb

P.S. I have done the upgrade on the 8320 and it definitely worth it due to the video recording, etc. From what I understand the 8100 is not video capable and I am trying understand the improvements.
    11-01-08 03:48 PM
    just a quick correction, my current os is 4.2.1.107

thanks
    11-01-08 03:56 PM
    Not sure about 8100 since I have a 8130. But I did it because of the MMS and HTML. Also before I put all theme in I had about 17mb. Once I loaded them I went down to 10mb. Then with the phone on for a long pierd of time, my free space went down to 5mb.

11-01-08 04:15 PM
    Done the upgrade and unlocked all vendors theme (could have done without some of them like china mobile and some others). I am down to 14.5mb from 20.5 of memory. Everything looks good so far. Thank you very much for you advise.

gb
    11-01-08 08:49 PM
    I followed these instructions on my previous BB (Sprint Pearl) and it worked perfectly. I now have a Curve and cant figure it out. When I click on RIM I dont see "shared" come up. I have apploader and a few other things. Any specific suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
    11-07-08 06:55 PM
    But why have I "sent" the corkberry theme to my BB three times today and the emails have never come??
    11-09-08 07:05 PM
    I followed these instructions on my previous BB (Sprint Pearl) and it worked perfectly. I now have a Curve and cant figure it out. When I click on RIM I dont see "shared" come up. I have apploader and a few other things. Any specific suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
    same here, i dont have that folder. does the os have to be installed for this to work? like on the comp i mean
    11-16-08 10:02 AM
    Hi
    What about for the BOLD ???
    The Bold have 4.6 OS and there is no share file in it
    Thanks
    11-16-08 11:18 AM
553 ... 1415161718 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD