10-13-13 11:22 AM
553 ... 1213141516 ...
tools
    hey i got blackberry pearl and can not put no theme on mine
    07-30-08 09:34 PM
    hey i got blackberry pearl 8100 and i can not put no theme on mine
    07-30-08 09:36 PM
    I installed the OS for my Blackberry Curve 8330 and now whenever I open Desktop Manager it shows my curve isn't connected and I can't connect. Someone please he3lp. Thanks.
    08-03-08 11:05 AM
    Hey guys. I've been reading this post (admitetly I skipped a few pages due the length its grown to). Here's my question and I apologize in advance if its already been answered. I am running 4.5.0.69 on my AT&T curve 8310. Will I be able to unlock these themes or do I need to downgrade back to 4.2 (the original OS it was shipped with)?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-03-08 12:27 PM
    I didn't read all 23 pages of replies but there is an easier way then reinstalling the core with a modified alx file. That blackberry.ALX file points to where you can find the COD files. Go grab the ones you want. Then take some generic ALX file and hack it up to fit your COD theme and it will install just fine. I've got the Vodafone themes on mine without reinstalling the core. I can post the Vodafone .alx and .cod files easily enough if that is allowed. I love those themes.
    08-05-08 12:59 AM
    I didn't read all 23 pages of replies but there is an easier way then reinstalling the core with a modified alx file. That blackberry.ALX file points to where you can find the COD files. Go grab the ones you want. Then take some generic ALX file and hack it up to fit your COD theme and it will install just fine. I've got the Vodafone themes on mine without reinstalling the core. I can post the Vodafone .alx and .cod files easily enough if that is allowed. I love those themes.
    Could you further detail the process you took to do this??

I understand your general concept, but details would be great!!
    08-05-08 07:47 AM
    To extract the COD theme install files this requires you to still have the BB OS files because that's where the cod files come from. You still need to be in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research in Motion\Shared\Loader Files\XXX Your Phone/OS XXX\. If you don't have those folders then you need to go to BB.com and download then install your OS. Once you get to the end of the file install just cancel it.

In the Blackberry.ALX file that was to be modified before to remove the VendorID so all themes could be loaded there is the Theme.COD filenames. You can see them right below each of the VendorID Lines:

Code:
                    <!-- Bell Mobility Canada filesets -->
                    <fileset Colour="True" series="8800" radio="CDMA-GPRS" Java="1.0" _vendorID="109">
                             <files>
                                    net_rim_theme_109_zen_320x240_b.cod
                            </files>
                    </fileset>
    The net_rim_theme_109_zen_320x240_b.cod is the Bell Mobility Canada fileset install file. Now all you need to do is find it and create an net_rim_theme_109_zen_320x240_b.alx file for it.

The .cod file can be found in the Java folder. This is where BB stores all of their cod files so have fun. Once you've extracted the .cod file you need to hack an .alx file to use it. Don't worry, this is easy.

Code:
    <loader version="2008.01.04.2215">
     <application id="net_rim_theme_109_zen_320x240_b.cod">
      <name>net_rim_theme_109_zen_320x240_b.cod</name>
      <description>An 8830 theme for version 4.2.2</description>
      <version>2008.01.04.2215</version>
      <vendor>Plazmic Inc.</vendor>
      <copyright>Copyright (c) 2001-2007 Plazmic Inc. All Rights Reserved.</copyright>
      <fileset Java="1.0">
       <files>
       </files>
      </fileset>
     </application>
    </loader>
    Open up your Desktop Media and install the ALX file and you're good to go! You can rename the files and change them as you like but you do need to make an ALX file for your COD because BB doesn't supply them.

I didn't extract and make alx files then post them because I didn't know how that would be covered with the whole property rights and the forum mods.
    08-05-08 10:20 AM
    The way the instructions are given is soo awesome! I unlocked EVERY service provider theme and there is a cute tmobile one with pink in it that i really like! Thank you so much for these helpful posts!!
    08-05-08 09:47 PM
    Hey guys. I posted a couple posts ago about my problem. When I install the correct OS from online, and then plug-in my cable and blackberry, It connects to the computer [recognized as USB storage device] but will not connect with the Desktop Manager.
    08-06-08 07:42 AM
    So now I'm real confused. I'm using 4.5.0.69 on my 8310. I've tried deleting the vendor id's as instructed at the begining of the thread then tried pinstacks instruction where u don't delete it but replace the vendoris with your own. Neither of these have accomplished anything but to give me a headache and waste my time. Is it possible to unlock the themes with the beta OS. And if so can I use the earlier simpler method or do I need to use the method just posted above? Please, someone give me some insight into this thing!

08-06-08 08:30 AM
    I'm running 4.5.0.51 beta on my 8330, and was able to unlock all of the themes. I deleted _vendorID "###"> from each line, and they all went on my Curve the next time I went to the app loader and selected update.
    08-06-08 11:45 AM
    Maybe that's rhe problem then. Everytime I go to app loader it says there's an error becauise I'm missing net_rim_bb_browser.xml or something like that though my browser works and when I check the OS that's loaded on my pc that I used to upgrade, it still has the browser file. I checked my recycle bin and its not there either. I have no clue what happened and there's no threads that have helped at all

08-06-08 01:00 PM
    Brian, you know if you turn off the 'dial from home screen option' you can get to profiles by pressing 'F', right? Plus there are many other shortcuts you can use by having the 'dial from home screen off'...

M - messages
    L - Calendar
    D - Notes
    A - Addressbook
    C - Compose
    K - Lock device

etc, etc...
    so do you by chance have a full list of hot keys for the bb 8320?
    08-12-08 03:21 PM
    I have Verizon as my carrier. This may have been answered. But, when I went to the files in RIm there were no shared files/loaderfiles. Is this a Verizon thing?

Thanks
    Rochelle
    08-16-08 02:12 PM
    Thank you for the great instructions... everything went smoothly. Incase anyone is interested in the additional themes, here they are.

I didn't get a chance to arrange all the icons or anything in each of the themes, but I think you can get the idea. Sorry if the screen shots were posted elsewhere here.
    08-20-08 04:41 PM
    Awesome! Thanks!

08-20-08 11:14 PM
    Thank you for the great instructions... everything went smoothly. Incase anyone is interested in the additional themes, here they are.

I didn't get a chance to arrange all the icons or anything in each of the themes, but I think you can get the idea. Sorry if the screen shots were posted elsewhere here.
    Thanks for these... Made it easier for me to see what they looked liked instead of me unlocking and then removing.

Can someone post the Telefonica and TIM screenshots?
    08-25-08 01:49 PM
    I unlocked both the blue and pink T-Mo Zen theme. I like the pink as it has the extra icon slot. To remove the blue, is it best to change the blackberry.alx file back to the original for the theme or to remove the .cod file from the Java folder? If it is the latter, which .cod file? Is it 'net_rim_theme_100_320x240_b.cod'?

Thanks!
    08-25-08 01:53 PM
    Thanks for these... Made it easier for me to see what they looked liked instead of me unlocking and then removing.

Can someone post the Telefonica and TIM screenshots?
    Nevermind... I found the screenshots at
    Screenshots Of Available Free BlackBerry Vendor Themes | BerryReview.com

I unlocked both the blue and pink T-Mo Zen theme. I like the pink as it has the extra icon slot. To remove the blue, is it best to change the blackberry.alx file back to the original for the theme or to remove the .cod file from the Java folder? If it is the latter, which .cod file? Is it 'net_rim_theme_100_320x240_b.cod'?

Thanks!
    ... and I decided on the blackberry.alx file route.
    08-25-08 07:21 PM
    To extract the COD theme install files this requires you to still have the BB OS files because that's where the cod files come from. You still need to be in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research in Motion\Shared\Loader Files\XXX Your Phone/OS XXX\. If you don't have those folders then you need to go to BB.com and download then install your OS. Once you get to the end of the file install just cancel it.

In the Blackberry.ALX file that was to be modified before to remove the VendorID so all themes could be loaded there is the Theme.COD filenames. You can see them right below each of the VendorID Lines:

Code:
                    <!-- Bell Mobility Canada filesets -->
                    <fileset Colour="True" series="8800" radio="CDMA-GPRS" Java="1.0" _vendorID="109">
                             <files>
                            </files>
                    </fileset>
    The net_rim_theme_109_zen_320x240_b.cod is the Bell Mobility Canada fileset install file. Now all you need to do is find it and create an net_rim_theme_109_zen_320x240_b.alx file for it.

The .cod file can be found in the Java folder. This is where BB stores all of their cod files so have fun. Once you've extracted the .cod file you need to hack an .alx file to use it. Don't worry, this is easy.

Code:
    <loader version="2008.01.04.2215">
     <application id="net_rim_theme_109_zen_320x240_b.cod">
      <name>net_rim_theme_109_zen_320x240_b.cod</name>
      <description>An 8830 theme for version 4.2.2</description>
      <version>2008.01.04.2215</version>
      <vendor>Plazmic Inc.</vendor>
      <copyright>Copyright (c) 2001-2007 Plazmic Inc. All Rights Reserved.</copyright>
      <fileset Java="1.0">
       <files>
       </files>
      </fileset>
     </application>
    </loader>
    Open up your Desktop Media and install the ALX file and you're good to go! You can rename the files and change them as you like but you do need to make an ALX file for your COD because BB doesn't supply them.

I didn't extract and make alx files then post them because I didn't know how that would be covered with the whole property rights and the forum mods.
    It really took me a while to get this to work, but once I did it's much easier to do this way. I was having trouble with the version number, since I'm on 4.5 8100.

Thanks for the info!!
    08-28-08 10:46 AM
    i tried changing the vendor ID number and when i did i tried to save file...but it doesnt let me. im using windows vista using wordpad and no luck. it doesnt allow me to...whats wrong?
    08-30-08 06:11 PM
    im trying to do this...and i cant find the "shared folder" my compy has vista..not sure if that matters.
    C:/program files/research in motion/....then the only option behind this is blackberry, if i click on it, i cant find any loader files or >ALX files.
    08-30-08 10:59 PM
    im trying to do this...and i cant find the "shared folder" my compy has vista..not sure if that matters.
    C:/program files/research in motion/....then the only option behind this is blackberry, if i click on it, i cant find any loader files or >ALX files.
    im running vista too. i was having the same issue. then i figured i didnt have the Device OS installed in my PC. you only have the DM software. go to blackberry.com and make sure you download the device OS to your PC and install it.
    08-31-08 07:24 AM
    So I am with Rogers and I did this to my Bold and the Rogers themes dissapeared and I got 2 AT&T Themes both of which are equally lame, but I did not see 'many' themes unlock - only the 2. Any tips on how to get the rest?

Thanks
    09-01-08 10:10 PM
    ok, i might sound like a morron...where do i find the device OS on blackberry.com. I went to download software and im not sure what i am looking for.
    09-02-08 06:29 PM
553 ... 1213141516 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD