10-13-13 12:22 PM
553 ... 910111213 ...
tools
    when i try this, my pearl is extremely slow and i keep getting app error and it reboots, anyone know why? Im just deleting the vendor thing as shown! help!!!!! I just want the tmobile theme, thats it!

Rob
    04-13-08 12:27 AM
    fantastic!!! that was so easy
    i really love the new themes
    04-13-08 12:40 AM
    well i was eventually able to get all the themes, I particularly like the verizon theme with the icons on the bottom, but i cant get the tmobile theme, when I load that, it slows the berry down big time and whenever i try to do somethin it gives me an app error. but otherwise, its good, anyone know a work around for that problem?

Rob
    04-13-08 04:45 PM
    sorry for the double post, just in case anyone with the 8130 can't get the tmobile theme, if they keep getting the app error, thsi will fix it! works like a charm!

8130 unlocking themes / App Error 523 fix - PinStack.com - BlackBerry forums

Rob

p.s. this was easier than I thought!
    Thanks for the tut guys!
    04-14-08 12:45 AM
    what if im running on a mac?
    04-16-08 08:02 PM
    This is my first post with a new 2 week old Telus Blackberry 8330 Curve.

I followed the instruction with no issues however when I connect my blackberry to the PC it does not see it. I did not delete anything else but the vender id.

I am using the proper OS and Desktop Manager. I would really like the option of using different vendor themes.

This site has been great reading and very helpful.
    04-25-08 11:46 AM
    Yes I did it tonite with no trouble on Rogers. It appears 107 is the Rogers code based on my initial viewing of the unaltered file sets
    04-29-08 01:05 AM
    so i go and delete all the vendor codes right?
    but heres the problem i go to save it and it says i cant?
    or that access to the file was denied?

WTF?!
    04-29-08 03:26 AM
    go to the file itself in explorer, and right click and choose properties, make sure Read Only isnt selected, if it is, deselect it and try again.

also use notepad to do your editing, wordpad, word etc can cause funky format problems if not saved correctly.
    and lastly, when saving it it may save it as blackberry.alx.txt
    to prevent that, when choosing to save and prompted for file name location put it in quotes like this:
    "blackberry.alx" then click save. notepad will prompt to overwrite the file and your done when you agree.

cheers
    04-29-08 06:03 AM
    Hey all - any thoughts on doing this on a Mac OS? it appears all of the above is geared around PC.
    04-29-08 02:56 PM
    have to admit that i thought this would be difficult, but turned out nicely thank!
    04-29-08 07:32 PM
    Hi guys and girls,

Has anyone found a workaround for the people getting the error "net.rim.browser.xml" not found when loading apploader, after editing the blackberry.alx file??

I can't load any new themes on my 8830 with 4.2.2.196, all i want is the Rogers theme lol..
    Can someone PM or PIN me with help?!?!? I too cannot get past the browser error message with apploader. I wish I would have never started screwing around with this. Im really computer friendly, but this is just not working for me. Also, where is the vendor.xml file? This is the only thing I havent tried yet. Any and all help will be appreciated.
    05-04-08 03:27 PM
    Can someone PM or PIN me with help?!?!? I too cannot get past the browser error message with apploader. I wish I would have never started screwing around with this. Im really computer friendly, but this is just not working for me. Also, where is the vendor.xml file? This is the only thing I havent tried yet. Any and all help will be appreciated.
    I worked it out. Did a clean install of 4.5, made a copy of Blackberry.alx file so at least I had one good copy and used the "find" function in Wordpad to help me out. Seems to be working now.
    05-04-08 04:13 PM
    Okay, so I followed the instructions and it worked great.

But I am unable to delete the themes I don't want.

If I were to replace the Blackberry.alx file with the original one, will the themes disappear, reverting back to prior settings, and give me my space back?
    05-05-08 12:31 PM
    Never mind. I figured it out myself.

I just replaced the original file, then modified it to keep only the theme I wanted with my carriers vendor ID.

Now I can lock and unlock whichever theme I want to use.
    05-05-08 05:48 PM
    but cant select it!

I've just gotten the curve, and I really love the O2 today theme, which I used with my pearl. So I followed the instructions (i grabbed the sprint OS since verizon hasnt posted their's for the curve yet)....anyway, I thought I had gotten things working, but my issue is that while I see the 02 today theme in the list, it says "no preview" and I can not get it to apply. Any ideas?
    05-07-08 01:10 AM
    Is there anyone that can send me by e-mail (marcellogiordani@homail.com) the unlocked vodafone today theme (white) in alx to be uploaded with DM. I tried to do it but I did not manage. Please help! I love that theme. Thanks
    05-14-08 10:36 AM
    Worked like a charm!!!! Thanks

Personally like the Orange Themes : )
    05-14-08 02:03 PM
    I have a BB 8820 from T-Mobile and a Mac, so I can't do the traditional application and module delete with Pocket Mac or Missing Sync. The only solution I found is a BlackBerry download (I think from Crackberry.com) for $15 called SureWipe. Be careful, because EVERYTHING is fair game and if you knock out something you need, you cannot get it back.

This is a great program - just be very careful with the programs you delete and be extra careful with the modules.
    05-14-08 02:15 PM
    I tried this and was told by my computer, when I tried to save the file that my access was denied and therefore I was not able to save it after deleting all the vendor files. I'm logged in as an admin, so I'm not sure what the problem is.
    05-14-08 04:41 PM
    I tried this and was told by my computer, when I tried to save the file that my access was denied and therefore I was not able to save it after deleting all the vendor files. I'm logged in as an admin, so I'm not sure what the problem is.
    I'm having the same issue...even using NotePad, I looked at an earlier post that said to use NotePad instead of WordPad and still having trouble. Anyone know how to get past this?
    05-15-08 12:36 AM
    I have a Mac and I use Missing Sync is there anyway to do it without the software that came with my phone? Or would it be easier to install the software, make the changes and then uninstall it?
    05-20-08 01:20 PM
    so I did everything step by step. but when I come to save the .alx file it tell me access is denied! how? its my copmuter. I'm running on vista. can anyone help me out please. thank you
    05-20-08 07:24 PM
    so I did everything step by step. but when I come to save the .alx file it tell me access is denied! how? its my copmuter. I'm running on vista. can anyone help me out please. thank you
    I'm running on vista too and ran into the same problem, but with a few experiments I figured it out. When you get to the .alx file, before you open it right click it and click on properties. On the new window there should be three tabs click on the security and edit it so that you can modify the file. It should be able to let you save it after that.
    It worked for me, thanks!
    05-21-08 01:29 AM
    can we unlock the verizon themes?
    05-23-08 12:50 AM
553 ... 910111213 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD