So I decided to create my own theme. I downloaded the software and everything seems straight forward so far. Except for one thing. How can I resize icons?
    03-07-09 04:39 PM
    you will need a graphics program of some sort, I use gimp some people use photoshop. Can be a rather tedious process.
    03-07-09 04:41 PM
    It's ok, I've done lots of graphic design in my life, so it shouldn't be so bad. Probably why this is coming rather naturally to me. I might post my theme up once done for others to use. Thanks for the hint!
    03-07-09 04:46 PM
    Btw, What's the path to the images? I'm assuming there are separate image files for homepage images and menu images, seeing that one might want to change the size of an image on the homepage but not the internal menu?
    03-07-09 04:47 PM
    no problem, hope it works out well for you
    03-07-09 04:48 PM
    if you want to do that then you want to make an svg file for the home screen. Like this theme for instance

03-07-09 04:52 PM
    I checked the program folders and all I could find was ctg files. Are those the image files? How do I get them into regular formats that I can manipulate using photoshop? This file type is completely novel for me.
    03-07-09 04:53 PM
    what exactly are you trying to accomplish? The designer is created as a drag and drop interface, if you want to mod stock images go to the samples folder in the program file
    03-07-09 04:55 PM
    I'm trying to theme the homepage, and I noticed that the icons there appear larger than those on the menu page. I want them to be a little smaller so I can fit six of them horizontally (as in the icons menu page).

I appreciate your help!
    03-07-09 04:58 PM
    if you align theme perfectly you can fit six such as

this was my first published 8900 theme on my site, your icons will appear larger or smaller depending on the tab and focus files you are using.
    03-07-09 05:21 PM
    And therein lies my question. On the menu page, this is exactly how the icons appear, and six can fit next to each other perfectly, just as above. On the homepage, they appear bigger and fitting six side by side will cause them to touch. My question is, how did you get the icons on the homescreen to be slightly smalled (as in the menu screen) and thus look as above?
    03-07-09 05:27 PM
    When I click the icon (in the reposition Applications mode), a scaling box appears around it. When I try to scale it, it springs back to it's original size every time.
    03-07-09 05:28 PM
    I might have a clue on what's going on. When I'm adding icons to the home page, I'm adding them using the Zen theme tab, which I suppose adds the icons in the format of the Zen theme, which fits only five, not six, icons in a row. I just need to figure out how to add the icons differently, I guess.
    03-07-09 05:36 PM

It depends on the tab, focus, and flash areas what size the icon shows up when you move them around. If they are too big then you will have to manually overlap them to make theme fit and align properly. Sometimes I drop a small transparent file in to resolve, but I found that the stock icon setup for the 8900 aligns 6 icons perfectly in a row.
    03-07-09 05:39 PM
    Excellent. So how do I edit the tab/focus dimensions?
    03-07-09 05:49 PM
    The stock ones can be found in the samples folder if you just want to resize or edit them. You may also drop your own creations in there as well.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-07-09 05:54 PM
    [edit] Just saw your above post
    03-07-09 05:58 PM
    It will look like it does when they are locked in place and the colored boxes are gone

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-07-09 06:04 PM

In the above theme, how did the author get the profiles, wireless, and options icons to be smaller than the rest? Is it by the same method you suggested?
    03-07-09 07:38 PM
    Sorry for the bump, but would also really love to know how the author did those two little icons.
    07-02-09 10:48 PM
    didnt notice there was a page 2** delete
    07-03-09 12:00 AM
    Im assuming they did this via the composer program...
    07-03-09 12:02 AM
    @micjenks How did you make the Home screen icons different from the application menu icons
    08-07-10 02:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD