In my phone the names of the Themes show up as something like "black and orange today +M." Is it possible to change it? If so, how?
    03-30-09 07:37 PM
    The name of the theme is determined in the ALX or JAD file. Edit the file and change the name, then reinstall.
    03-30-09 10:19 PM
    Oh, alright. I'll look for those files and rename them. Thanks!
    03-30-09 11:15 PM
    You can't just rename the files. In JAD files, you need to update the following fields:
    • RIM-COD-Module-Name
    • MIDlet-Name

Both should match (don't change one and not the other). Some other key fields that are safe, and recommended, to update:
    • MIDlet-Description -- Give your application/theme a short description, keep it under 10 words or so. Default is blank.
    • MIDlet-Vendor -- Who wrote this? Use your name, or your company's name. Default is Plazmic, Inc.
    • MIDlet-Version -- What's the version number of your application/theme? This should be incremented when you release an update. Default is a date/time stamp in the format YYY.MM.DD.HHMM (2009.03.31.0007 at 12:07 am on March 31, 2009)

ALX files are standard XML, which is also plain-text. You can edit this in Notepad. You need to update the following fields to change the name:
    • id -- change the text between the double quotes.
    • name -- change the text between the double quotes.

These two fields should match. The following fields are also safe, and recommended, to change:
    • description -- Describe your application in about 10 words.
    • version -- update this field each time your application/theme is updated. This number should go up.
    • vendor -- Your name, or your company's name.
    Last edited by ecrist; 03-31-09 at 10:19 AM. Reason: added information for ALX files.
    03-31-09 09:59 AM
    Oh, ok. I'm trying that right now. Once I finish editing the file do I need to change the file name to the name of the Theme or just leave it the same?
    03-31-09 10:28 PM
    Oh, ok. I'm trying that right now. Once I finish editing the file do I need to change the file name to the name of the Theme or just leave it the same?
    Just leave it the same.
    03-31-09 10:31 PM
    I guess I'm doing something wrong. I edited the AJX file in notepad and the name is still the same on my Phone.

So these are the steps:
    1.) Edit the AJX file in notepad
    2.) Remove it from you phone
    3.) Add the new updated file??

Is that it?
    03-31-09 10:42 PM
    Still haven't been able to change it. I've changed the AJX files but it doesn't seem to work. Need some help.
    04-03-09 12:57 AM
    Can anyone help me?
    04-05-09 12:43 AM
    Send me your theme as a zip, or post it here. I'll edit it properly. I should just need the ALX or JAD, but it wouldn't hurt to send the whole thing.
    04-05-09 09:25 AM
    How would I do that? I have the file on my computer so do I just need to upload it to a hosting site or what?
    04-05-09 02:26 PM
    I think I figured out where you're having the problem. In Plazmic, you need to set options or preferences, and in there is a place for the theme name.
    04-07-09 11:21 AM
    Alright, well I'll look at that and see what I can find. Thanks!
    04-07-09 06:09 PM
    Well I opened the plazmic in notepad but I had no idea where I would what I'm looking for.
    04-09-09 12:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD