hey guys so I have made this beautiful theme on plazmic but have absolutely NO idea how to put the theme on my phone so I have a couple questions for the pros out there... So is there a way to at least download to my phone using the blackberry manager on PC??? And if I have to do the file things can anyone give me step by step instructions on how to do so??? Please I have no idea where to go from here. I have tried to do it on my own and am clueless. Thanks in advance to all that no what I'm talking about

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-17-09 10:02 PM
    Open the folder you saved all your theme files in. Inside it make a new folder named ZIP.

Open plazmic and load up your theme. In the file menu, select Export. When the export window comes up, make sure ALX is selected. Browse to the folder you made named ZIP, and select it. This tells Plazmic where to save the files. Hit OK on the Export window and wait for it to finish. Close plazmic. Hook your bb up to the PC and start DM. Chose the app loader section, and hit the Browse button. Go to the ZIP folder, select the .alx file and hit ok. Hit next on the app loader, look at what it tells you its going to do. If all looks ok hit finish. When its done your theme will be listed in your options/theme section.

Good luck!

08-17-09 11:19 PM
    thank you so much I have asked for help before and you are by far the easiest to understand I appreciate it sooo much. So since you are great at explaining so people can understand and do it their self could you possibly explain how to OTA for others to download by phone? If not no biggie but just curious. Thanks again for everything. Oh and I wanted to see if you could help me with something else I'm not all that into changing icons mostly because I can't find custom icons anywhere and don't know how to go from there but how would I be able to take the regular icons and color them different colors is it as hard as I seem to make it? Once again your awesome and thanks again for the help don't mean to be a pain
    Open the folder you saved all your theme files in. Inside it make a new folder named ZIP.

Open plazmic and load up your theme. In the file menu, select Export. When the export window comes up, make sure ALX is selected. Browse to the folder you made named ZIP, and select it. This tells Plazmic where to save the files. Hit OK on the Export window and wait for it to finish. Close plazmic. Hook your bb up to the PC and start DM. Chose the app loader section, and hit the Browse button. Go to the ZIP folder, select the .alx file and hit ok. Hit next on the app loader, look at what it tells you its going to do. If all looks ok hit finish. When its done your theme will be listed in your options/theme section.

Good luck!

Last edited by ChrystalBerry; 08-19-09 at 12:22 AM.
    08-19-09 12:12 AM
    I'd be more than happy to help ya out. I'll be back at my PC this afternoon and I'll see what I can do to help explain. No way I could type all that on my bb

08-19-09 01:24 AM
    To set up a theme for OTA install -

Remember the ZIP folder I told you to make? Make another one in your theme's folder and name it OTA.

Open your theme file in Plazmic, and click File--> Export again.
    This time make sure JAD is selected.
    Browse to the new OTA folder you made and select it as the target.
    Click OK on the Export window.
    When Plazmic is finished it will have put the files needed in the OTA folder.
    Close Plazmic
    Go to the OTA folder you made, and inside it make a new compressed (zip) folder named "your_theme_name_OTA.zip". Of course use your themes name instead of your_theme_name .
    Copy all the files made by Plazmic into the new zip folder you made.

Now you have a file with all the info a BB needs to install the theme, just have to find someone to host it for you. I can recommend BBThe.me: Hosting
    Eric is working very hard to set up a nice themers portal and will host your OTA for free. The instructions how to send it all to him are on the page I linked to above. Once you get an email back from Eric, he will give you a link to the OTA for your new theme. Click on it with a BB and it will install . This is the link you will share with others to have them download your OTA.

Icons -
    You can use ANY .png file sized correctly as an icon. Recoloring them is fine, but very tedious. I've attached about 500 really nice (IMO) iphone style icons I have resized to 48x36. These will work great on Curve bb's.

unzip them somewhere, and while your making your theme you can change the icons by clicking on them and browsing to the folder/icon you want. You could also pick a complete set of icons and rename them all to match each app (look in the /plazmic CDK4.7/samples/themes/graphics/application icons/water folder on your PC to see what to name each one). Then you can right click on any icon and choose change all icons, then point it to the folder you made with the icon set in it. This will change them all, and is a big time saver if you want to use the same icons in more than one theme.

I hope this made sense!

Good luck and hope to see you cranking out some themes
    08-19-09 02:12 PM
    Your awesome. Thank you soooo very much. Your the greatest at explaining thank you again and sorry for being a pain. But it really answered my questions

To set up a theme for OTA install -

Remember the ZIP folder I told you to make? Make another one in your theme's folder and name it OTA.

Open your theme file in Plazmic, and click File--> Export again.
    This time make sure JAD is selected.
    Browse to the new OTA folder you made and select it as the target.
    Click OK on the Export window.
    When Plazmic is finished it will have put the files needed in the OTA folder.
    Close Plazmic
    Go to the OTA folder you made, and inside it make a new compressed (zip) folder named "your_theme_name_OTA.zip". Of course use your themes name instead of your_theme_name .
    Copy all the files made by Plazmic into the new zip folder you made.

Now you have a file with all the info a BB needs to install the theme, just have to find someone to host it for you. I can recommend BBThe.me: Hosting
    Eric is working very hard to set up a nice themers portal and will host your OTA for free. The instructions how to send it all to him are on the page I linked to above. Once you get an email back from Eric, he will give you a link to the OTA for your new theme. Click on it with a BB and it will install . This is the link you will share with others to have them download your OTA.

Icons -
    You can use ANY .png file sized correctly as an icon. Recoloring them is fine, but very tedious. I've attached about 500 really nice (IMO) iphone style icons I have resized to 48x36. These will work great on Curve bb's.

unzip them somewhere, and while your making your theme you can change the icons by clicking on them and browsing to the folder/icon you want. You could also pick a complete set of icons and rename them all to match each app (look in the /plazmic CDK4.7/samples/themes/graphics/application icons/water folder on your PC to see what to name each one). Then you can right click on any icon and choose change all icons, then point it to the folder you made with the icon set in it. This will change them all, and is a big time saver if you want to use the same icons in more than one theme.

I hope this made sense!

Good luck and hope to see you cranking out some themes
    08-22-09 10:12 AM
    You're not a pain! And I'm glad I could help
    08-22-09 08:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD