I'm a 9530 Storm user. I'm a big fan of custom themes. I like to have different styles that I can switch back and forth through every few days. Anyway I currently have 6 themes on my bb including the default zen. Do unused themes have an affect on application memory or is it just the currently running theme? Also, how many themes do you guys have installed on your Storm at one time.
    06-25-09 05:58 PM
    I'm a 9530 Storm user. I'm a big fan of custom themes. I like to have different styles that I can switch back and forth through every few days. Anyway I currently have 6 themes on my bb including the default zen. Do unused themes have an affect on application memory or is it just the currently running theme? Also, how many themes do you guys have installed on your Storm at one time.
    Yes they do affect the overall speed of the BB, I only keep 3 MAX, I really only like to have one at a time but I am regularly beta testing upcomeing themes for other developers..

The biggest problem is that there is limited space so if you try to load an app with 6 themes it will probly tell you dont have space after just a few apps are installed.

Now there is RAM and Application memory, Application memory is the total the phone has for Apps and Themes...RAM is whats open and running..the more apps you have open in the background the slower the BB will run, this can also drain the battery if you have apps that constantly update info, like news apps or GPS apps.. One thing that helps with some this is always do hard reset or battery pull each time you switch between themes.

Also close your apps using the BB Button and selecting close or exit on the menu, some apps dont close totally if you close them using the back or the end call/power button..

I hope this info is useful to you.
    07-03-09 09:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD