I would like to make my own themes? I have bought several ones but after a week I get bored...so I have downloaded the plazmic kit, theme builder, composer and stimulator.. am i missing anything else?
    Thanks!
    11-11-08 12:03 PM
    im looking for an answer too!
    11-11-08 04:51 PM
    me too lol
    11-11-08 11:14 PM
    Mds email and what exacty does this newly downloaded stimulator do? Anyway jokes aside mds email thing(not at computer) and you'll need to find icon sets and probably a decent image editor of some kind I personally use "gimp" as its fairly easy to use and you can't beat free. There are some sample themes with the cdk 4.6 if I remember right its programfiles/plazmic/samples/themes to find various different sample themes/icons/banners I think either here or pinstack(can't remember) there are also some free icons/banners/meters. A "goodies.zip" I think and the rest is pretty self taught. Some tutotials here and there if you look but never hurts to ask questions.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-12-08 01:22 AM
    Mds email and what exacty does this newly downloaded stimulator do? Anyway jokes aside mds email thing(not at computer) and you'll need to find icon sets and probably a decent image editor of some kind I personally use "gimp" as its fairly easy to use and you can't beat free. There are some sample themes with the cdk 4.6 if I remember right its programfiles/plazmic/samples/themes to find various different sample themes/icons/banners I think either here or pinstack(can't remember) there are also some free icons/banners/meters. A "goodies.zip" I think and the rest is pretty self taught. Some tutotials here and there if you look but never hurts to ask questions.

Yes, Pinstack has the goodies zips. About 10 or more I think. They also have a small basic tutorial too. For icons I would go over to Deviant Art and look around. All are free and they have tons of them if you're going to use them for personal use. If you're thinking about selling or posting themes here at least ask the original icon maker for permission. They usually do not care if you use them but its always nice to ask anyway.

Another good idea is to surf iPhone theme forums. Most iPhone themes come with all the icons, backgrounds, etc.. You would of course have to resize everything, but there are tons of iPhone themes that look nothing like the default iPhone theme. They build them kinda like we do for the BlackBerry. Again, I would ask the original maker if you're going to sell or post the theme here since its his work.

11-12-08 07:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD