I need some help guys... is there an easy way to export a theme made in 4.6 plazmic to Pearl?? I don't even see the option to create a Pearl theme in there! And I have people asking for pearl versions of my themes, and I don't want to give out my .thm files.... so I am at a loss until I figure it out.

I did do a search but couldn't find much..
    10-19-08 04:33 PM
    Did you try importing your theme into 4.5 and exporting it from there?
    10-19-08 07:27 PM
    It wont recognize it in 4.5 anymore since it's now a 4.6 theme. The only way I can see is that I would have to redo the whole theme over, by starting a new custom 8100 theme. If there's an easier way someone pls let me know
    10-19-08 08:02 PM
    Nope once you create a theme in 4.6 you won't be able to use that same file in 4.5....tried everything that I could think of
    10-19-08 08:55 PM
    Correction Mr. Collins521, when creating a theme with Plazmic 4.6, it is possible to Create themes for the Pearl. I have Plamic 4.6, and I've exported a theme to my pearl FROM Plazmic 4.6

Please see this link: Plazmic 4.6 Gets Official Treatment | CrackBerry.com Post #3

It is possible guys. I've done it before.

The whole point of the 4.6 in "Plazmic 4.6" doesn't indicate that the OS required for your BlackBerry must be 4.6. For goodness sakes, the 83xx's most updated OS is still a 4.5.xx.

The 4.6 in "Plazmic 4.6" instead tells you this is the newer version of Plazmic, and is now ABLE to produce themes for the Bold, and the upcoming Storm. It doesn't prevent users from creating Pearl themes, guys. Do you really think that RIM would release a new Plazmic that would prevent users from making themes for all the other Blackberries out there? Almost every Blackberry out there right now is still using 4.5, as it's the standard up-to-date OS available, despite the Bold OS 4.6.

This theme: 81xx/83xx: LeopardMenu Theme 4.5os - PinStack.com Forums
    was created using Plazmic 4.6, and it was exported for Blackberry OS 4.5, because I have it on my phone right now. Plazmic 4.6 updated the ability for the user to select home screen icons, in contrast to Plazic 4.5 which the Themer / Designer picked and "hardwired," for lack of better terms, the icons on the Home screen.
    Last edited by trueaznballa07; 10-20-08 at 10:05 PM.
    10-20-08 10:01 PM
    I do believe what Collins521 was saying was that a theme created using Plazmic 4.6, cannot be opened using Plazmic 4.5, which, Mr TruAznBalla07, is correct. You cannot open a 4.6 file in 4.5.

You can however export themes for ALL OS version 4.2 and higher by editing the resource file for the themes. By changing the line to read (instead of 4.5), you would put 4.2,4.3,4.5. I know..I wrote the tutorial how to do it.
    10-20-08 11:32 PM
    true- we KNOW that the 4.6 has nothing to do with the OS. That is not the issue here...

The issue is, that once a theme is started as 320 x 240, I can not seem to find any option to change it to 240 x 260. The only option I can change is the type of Theme (custom, today, zen, icon) and I can change the plastics... which is just a frame to view the theme in. So my .thm file is 320 x 240... there is no way I can see that you would be able to change it to 240 x 260 for the Pearl.

And the other issue is that when you save a thm file in Plazmic 4.6 (no I don't mean OS 4.6 - I mean the program Plazmic 4.6) then you will not be able to open that .thm file in Plazmic 4.5 (again I mean the program Plazmic - nothing to do with the OS)

Yes you can create Pearl themes... but it's not as easy as taking an already made Curve theme and just 'exporting' it for Pearl. At least, no way that I can see at all.

And I am not giving out my .thm file - end of story.

If I get the time I will re-create the whole theme in Pearl format.... if you are really keen on it, I can give you the wallpaper, and the image for the top bar. Everything else is included in Plazmic anyway, and since you say you know it so well, you could make a Pearl version from scratch.
    10-20-08 11:32 PM
    Ok I understand what you are saying now, I was stating that a theme created in Plazmic 4.6 will not open in Plazmic 4.5....if you are trying to make a 320x240 theme into a Pearl them you have to create a "Custom" or whatever type theme you used on the 320x240 file as a 240x260 theme so it is the default one, then you have to import the 320x240 theme...you will then have to re-arrange the banner stuff, change the wallpapers, etc but the icons, settings will all be there

I do this to every theme that I make, I start out as a Curve theme since I can test it, finalize it then create the Pearl theme using the import....it is in the manual of the Theme Builder...
    10-21-08 12:00 AM
    Correction Mr. Collins521, when creating a theme with Plazmic 4.6, it is possible to Create themes for the Pearl. I have Plamic 4.6, and I've exported a theme to my pearl FROM Plazmic 4.6

Please see this link: Plazmic 4.6 Gets Official Treatment | CrackBerry.com Post #3

It is possible guys. I've done it before.

The whole point of the 4.6 in "Plazmic 4.6" doesn't indicate that the OS required for your BlackBerry must be 4.6. For goodness sakes, the 83xx's most updated OS is still a 4.5.xx.

The 4.6 in "Plazmic 4.6" instead tells you this is the newer version of Plazmic, and is now ABLE to produce themes for the Bold, and the upcoming Storm. It doesn't prevent users from creating Pearl themes, guys. Do you really think that RIM would release a new Plazmic that would prevent users from making themes for all the other Blackberries out there? Almost every Blackberry out there right now is still using 4.5, as it's the standard up-to-date OS available, despite the Bold OS 4.6.

This theme: 81xx/83xx: LeopardMenu Theme 4.5os - PinStack.com Forums
    was created using Plazmic 4.6, and it was exported for Blackberry OS 4.5, because I have it on my phone right now. Plazmic 4.6 updated the ability for the user to select home screen icons, in contrast to Plazic 4.5 which the Themer / Designer picked and "hardwired," for lack of better terms, the icons on the Home screen.
    And in my post I never ONCE mentioned the OS...I was saying PLAZMIC 4.5/4.6 read my post a little better before trying to prove me wrong
    Last edited by Collins521; 10-21-08 at 12:16 AM.
    10-21-08 12:02 AM
    Ok thanks Collins, I will have to try that... importing the curve theme... it wont affect my thm file will it? I will save a copy as a backup anyway.
    10-21-08 12:07 AM
    Nope won't affect it one bit, just make sure you "save as" instead of save...you will need to re-create the wallpapers again for the Pearl cause the theme builder tries to resize them but does a horrible job of it
    10-21-08 12:09 AM
    I could be wrong but once a theme is made for a curve It can not be turned into a pearl theme?

The icons and concept can be mimiced in starting a whole new theme

Meaning curve themeX can be made to look like pearl themeY but is in itself a whole new theme that just looks like the original.

If I am wrong please tell me. I've got a BBM buddy with a pearl and I'm on a curve and it would speed up sharing with each other if we can just click a few things and transform a curve theme into a pearl theme and visversa

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-21-08 07:42 AM
    Yes a Curve theme can be made into a Pearl theme with the import like I stated earlier, I have done this with EVERY Pearl theme that I have released. I make themes for my Curve to test everything out then once I know that I open up the same default theme for the Pearl and import my Curve theme into that Pearl theme.

It changes everything on the theme maker to mimic the Curve theme, it even tries to resize the wallpapers which it typically sucks at it so you'll have to redo the wallpapers to the Pearl and also reposition the banner items. If you have a banner image for the Curve then you'll have to do that as well.

I'm not lying and if you don't believe me go ahead and try. All it takes is a few clicks and you have yourself a Pearl theme that only needs a few things changed instead of going through the process of making the whole theme over

-Brian

10-21-08 07:47 AM
    Seriously. Sweet. I'll be playing with it tonight. I've got one now I want to take from curve to pearl

10-21-08 09:02 AM
    true- we KNOW that the 4.6 has nothing to do with the OS. That is not the issue here...

The issue is, that once a theme is started as 320 x 240, I can not seem to find any option to change it to 240 x 260. The only option I can change is the type of Theme (custom, today, zen, icon) and I can change the plastics... which is just a frame to view the theme in. So my .thm file is 320 x 240... there is no way I can see that you would be able to change it to 240 x 260 for the Pearl.

And the other issue is that when you save a thm file in Plazmic 4.6 (no I don't mean OS 4.6 - I mean the program Plazmic 4.6) then you will not be able to open that .thm file in Plazmic 4.5 (again I mean the program Plazmic - nothing to do with the OS)

Yes you can create Pearl themes... but it's not as easy as taking an already made Curve theme and just 'exporting' it for Pearl. At least, no way that I can see at all.

And I am not giving out my .thm file - end of story.

If I get the time I will re-create the whole theme in Pearl format.... if you are really keen on it, I can give you the wallpaper, and the image for the top bar. Everything else is included in Plazmic anyway, and since you say you know it so well, you could make a Pearl version from scratch.
    I wouldn't want to be responsible for "duplicating" your theme without your consent, Synergie.

@ others: I was merely trying to say that you CAN create Plazmic 4.6 theme for 83xx or 88xx and then export it to the Pearl.. Maybe I didn't explain myself well enough; sorry if I didn't. I'm a foreign exchange student from Thailand..
    10-21-08 10:25 PM
    Well then please do share on how you can EXPORT a 320x240 theme to a 240x260 theme without importing it into a new theme like I stated earlier? I would love to know this information and then I will say I was wrong, but there is no was to create a theme in the 320x240 format and then EXPORT it to the 240x260 just by using the export feature.

10-22-08 08:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD