I'm sorry if there is all ready a topic for this somewhere else, but I recently downloaded the Pip-Berry 5000 theme for the Storm. The OTA link was broken, so I had to download it to my computer. How do I install it this way? Thanks in advance!
    08-13-09 01:11 AM
    change jad to cod???
    08-13-09 02:14 AM
    I still don't know where to place the file or even if there's a specific program to use. The Desktop Manager just appears to be a text file telling me to read the manual, which doesn't explain much.
    08-13-09 11:38 PM
    I'm sorry if there is all ready a topic for this somewhere else, but I recently downloaded the Pip-Berry 5000 theme for the Storm. The OTA link was broken, so I had to download it to my computer. How do I install it this way? Thanks in advance!
    The .alx and .COD files in the zip folder are for Desktop Manager to load. Application loader add/remove doesn't see it?
    08-14-09 12:17 AM
    I just downloaded the actual desktop manager from the Blackberry website. The disc that came with my Storm only had the drivers. The application loader sees the .alx file but doesn't see the .cod file. I've tried adding the .alx file, but it doesn't seem to do anything. I still don't see anything new under themes or in any of the folders on my Blackberry.

Now that I've figured out exactly how the desktop manager works, I get a fatal error whenever I try to install the theme. Any suggestions?
    Last edited by Lovalin; 08-14-09 at 11:38 AM.
    08-14-09 11:08 AM
    Maybe try going back to 4.7 Desktop Mgr. Uninstall your old drivers and anything related to the sw.
    08-14-09 12:08 PM
    I finally got it figured out. Turns out the desktop manager was trying to downgrade several other applications and that was causing the error. The theme installed fine, although it runs a bit slow.
    Thank you all for helping!
    08-14-09 07:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD