I have two 8300 themes that I have downloaded and are in zip folders on my desktop...how do I get them to my Curve?

Please baby-step me through...I am a total newb at this stuff. Thanks!!
    12-02-07 07:03 PM
    you do it with desktop manager the application loader
    12-03-07 06:48 AM
    you do it with desktop manager the application loader
    Thanks, but I am aware that the DM is the way to do it...but I just don't know how to go about it? I am far from techno-savvy...and need some guidance here...

...please?
    12-03-07 07:11 AM
    1. Unzip the files on your pc, place it in a directory...
    2. Open Desktop Manager...
    3. Connect your BlackBerry...
    4. Double click on application loader in the Desktop Manager window...
    5. Click Add
    6. Point to the unzipped file in said directory..
    7. Next, next, next...
    Shunterd likes this.
    12-03-07 07:35 AM
    1. Unzip the files on your pc, place it in a directory...
    2. Open Desktop Manager...
    3. Connect your BlackBerry...
    4. Double click on application loader in the Desktop Manager window...
    5. Click Add
    6. Point to the unzipped file in said directory..
    7. Next, next, next...

Sounds stupid, I know...but, how do I place the unzipped file in a directory on my PC?

Thanks, naviwilliams.
    12-03-07 07:57 AM
    Unzip the file...

Double click on it, when the Winzip window opens (if that's what it's using), press EXTRACT. Browse to a location you want to save it in...

Just try it, it's pretty straight forward...
    12-03-07 08:10 AM
    Many thanks, naviwilliams!! Worked like a charm. That actually answered many other questions that I had as well...
    12-03-07 08:29 AM
    Wow, I had all of the same questions as davistld01, and went through everything that was suggested but I keep getting an error that "no additional applications were found for your device". Any suggestions?
    12-23-07 04:03 PM
    Wow, I had all of the same questions as davistld01, and went through everything that was suggested but I keep getting an error that "no additional applications were found for your device". Any suggestions?
    DOWNLOAD the handheld software for your Pearl and install it to your computer
    12-23-07 05:03 PM
    i too get the same error message my os is 4.2.2.180 on a bb curve 8320 any help would be greatly appreciated thanks
    01-08-08 03:35 AM
    i too get the same error message my os is 4.2.2.180 on a bb curve 8320 any help would be greatly appreciated thanks
    Hi I have the same phone 8320!! Great choice!! You gonna need Desktop Manager 4.3 to get most themes installed. I purchased Real iBerry Blocks theme from JC Designs - Gadgetbean.com here on Crackberry and had the same issues, John from JC Designs then told me to download the 4.3 DM from blackberry and that solved my problems!!!

Hope this helps!

BTW anyone tried out JC Design's new Custom L theme yet?? would like to get it also but was wondering if someone already tried it had any inputs.
    01-10-08 06:47 PM
    Download DM v4.3. Works like a charm after you update it.
    01-10-08 07:17 PM

I was having the same problem 1st day with DM 4.2.2.14 on my 8310. Next morning the computer was running slow and locking up so I ran CCleaner) and cleared the cookies, temporary files etc and fixed the computers registry and it has worked fine since.

Dunno what was going wrong but have been ripping CDs, loading MP3s, loading wallpapers and transferring a few applications etc today no problem.

Gotta download 4.3 and give it a shot now.
    01-11-08 01:30 AM
    I was sooo frustrated with the desktop manager. The installation instructions were directing me to install 4.2 which is my current OS but it was giving me that "nothing found for my device type error" The info on the 4.3 installation worked PERFECTLY. Thank GOD!
    04-25-08 09:47 PM
    I have DM 4.3, but am still getting the same error messages when trying to install ringtones.
    08-08-08 09:41 AM
    i am having the same exact problem as everyone else!!! ive downloaded like 3 different versions of DM and none of them work to transfer themes from my PC to my bold. i even click browse, and then the file and open it. its in the right format and everything but it still keeps saying "no additional applications designed for your device were found." i am really getting frustrated. HELP please!!!!
    05-23-09 01:32 AM
    where can i download the file for your BBM
    07-31-09 10:06 PM
    i am having the same exact problem as everyone else!!! ive downloaded like 3 different versions of DM and none of them work to transfer themes from my PC to my bold. i even click browse, and then the file and open it. its in the right format and everything but it still keeps saying "no additional applications designed for your device were found." i am really getting frustrated. HELP please!!!!
    I was having the same problem for the first little while when I was trying to install Themes. When you download a Theme there should be two files, One is a .alx file, the other is a .cod file. When extracting, make sure to extract both of these files; when searching through DM you want to locate and use the .alx file - this will load the applications to the Blackberry, and when you follow the steps (Clicking next and whatnot) it will then run the .cod files and set up the themes on your blackberry.

I hope this was helpful in fixing your problem as it was one of my initial issues.
    09-20-09 11:20 PM
    hey i have the 8520 and im also a noob on this i keep getting an error as well im running DM v5.0 please help
    08-29-10 08:36 PM
    btw it wont pass the part where it asks for the .alx thats where i get the error
    08-29-10 08:37 PM
    Moved to BB Themes
    08-29-10 10:57 PM
    hi i have a blackberry bold 9780 i made a theme from bb theme builder but it does not import it shows some error
    can someone help
    thx.
    06-01-13 06:53 AM
    hey can u help me
    06-01-13 04:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD