Greetings, I have a bold 9000 and am very new to the blackberry phone, i would like to change the icons and was wondering do i need software to apply the themes i download ? i am a little confused can i download themes and such directly to the phone ? if so how please ?

Regards, Mortician
    Last edited by mortician69; 07-11-10 at 11:21 PM.
    07-11-10 11:11 PM
    the easiest way is to find a theme that has an OTA download. most of them in the theme forum have this. just point your blackberry browser to the link and it will download directly to the phone.

the other way is to download the other type of files to your computer, then use desktop manager to load them that way.

i recommend the use of OTA, as its much quicker and easier.
    07-11-10 11:32 PM
    Themes can be downloaded directly to the phone via at OTA download OR loaded to the device after downloaded to the computer with Desktop Manager.

Here is a tutorial...

BlackBerry 101: The Basics of BlackBerry Themes | CrackBerry.com

Here is the Bold 9000 Theme Forum where you will find some themes to try....

http://forums.crackberry.com/f130/
    07-11-10 11:32 PM
    Thank you both very much....

Regards, Mortician
    07-11-10 11:57 PM
    How do i email myself a link ? from where ?? i read the tutorial and still a tad lost ?

Regards, The Mortician
    07-12-10 12:22 AM
    You really don't need to email yourself anything. Ordinarily the site hosting the
    theme has a clickable link. Click that and the download process will start.
    07-12-10 12:49 AM
    You really don't need to email yourself anything. Ordinarily the site hosting the
    theme has a clickable link. Click that and the download process will start.
    exactly. usually the links are listed as being Over The Air (OTA) which are meant to be accessed directly from your phone browser only.
    07-12-10 02:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD