I am aware that this post is in the wrong spot and I apologize for it but I am just trying to get some help. I have searched and searched and asked in the themes thread.....can anyone tell me please if there is step by step directions on how to get themes onto my bb. I am trying to do this and I know it's something probably very easy to do but I am pulling my hair out with frustration. Be kind to me, I don't know much about bb's but I am learning Thank you sooo much. Just point me to some start to finish directions so I don't have to keep asking questions.
    07-16-10 08:52 PM
    There are 2 ways to get themes onto your phone, through desktop manager or OTA (over the air)

Here is the theme forum: http://forums.crackberry.com/f16/

Themes for the 9700, 9650, 9630, and 8900 will work.

You click on the OTA link in the thread on your phone (or email it to yourself) and the rest will take care of itself.

I can't speak to DM but am working on finding out how
    07-16-10 09:07 PM
    So you mean to tell me that in order to dowload a them onto my bb via OTA, I have to do it from my bb itself? Jeeze, I couldn't find a straight answer anywhere. Thank you so so much! I'll try it out now.
    07-16-10 09:16 PM
    Yes, but if you copy and paste the link into an email you can send it to yourself and click it that way
    07-16-10 09:25 PM
    Thanks again! If you don't mind me asking...1. What does it mean them with hidden dock. 2. Can themes be saved on the memory card once downloaded?

Oh and by the way, you look like a NYC Fireman!
    07-16-10 09:29 PM
    Ok, I am so happy. I did it! LOL,thanks for your help, really appreciate it. I guess I have to have some kind of a weather app for the weather slot. Something other than the weather channel app I guess.
    07-16-10 09:56 PM
    If you dont mind a paid app i HIGHLY suggest berryweather (beweather)

Not sure if you can save themes to the memory card or not, I think they default to the phone

Hidden dock means you can scroll (the direction depends on the theme) and it hides the dock (the icons)

and thank you lol although I prefer Boston, love to work for that city one day
    07-17-10 04:04 PM
    Sorry, run the hidden dock by me again. I don't get what your saying.

Oh and I downloaded weatherbug as I'm sure you know that already from a post in another thread It seems to work pretty good.

And ok I wasn't so far off base about the NYC fireman..hehe. I'm from LI but live in NC now. I come from a family of volunteer fireman. And why people mistake me from being from Boston sometimes, I have no idea since I don't paahk the caahh in the garage...lol. Sorry, couldn't resist, feel free to take a crack at this Long Island girl. Anyways, thanks again for your help!
    07-17-10 07:28 PM
    Ok I understand the hidden dock thing. I was just browsing at some themes and got it
    07-17-10 07:35 PM
    Glad you got it, and I'm happy to help, that's why we're here
    07-17-10 09:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD