Since I have spent two full nights trying to get my DM to load a .alx file onto my phone with no luck, I need to figure out how to upload a .jad file so I can download it to my blackberry... Please.. Any help would be loved, and I'll post my theme for you all!
    11-05-08 11:08 AM
    .jad is for OTA(over the air) downloads. Just go to it on you BB browser and it will install. For .axl, download to your pc then run app loader in DM and it will install from there. Then go to options>themes and activate the one you loaded.
    11-05-08 11:20 AM
    I DL a theme that was a .jad file and could not get it to work. after searching google to find out how to load it through crackberry.com, I learned you have to email or SMS the link to the file to yourself and then download it from your blackberry. Tried that last night and everything worked fine. Redwolf
    11-05-08 11:21 AM
    Thank you both, but when i upload the file it says the page cannot be displayed, both on my phone and my BB, I did e-mail it to myself..

see for yourself: (If for some case it works, this theme is not done yet)

http://sarahlynnmarie.com/files/com_...ow_no_anti.jad

Yet going to any one else who has a OTA Dl for a theme, it prompts a download... I'm so confused..

(And I'm sorry, but if one more person tells me the difference between a .alx and a .jad I may snap.. Like I said been at this for two days! And NOT because I don't know what I'm doing as far as the .alx or because I'm not doing something right. )
    Last edited by Angel_Love87; 11-05-08 at 11:32 AM.
    11-05-08 11:27 AM
    looks like the link is bad.
    11-05-08 11:31 AM
    looks like the link is bad.
    I know, thats what I'm thinking too, but that is the direct link from my ftp web client! Lol just my luck...

Hmm..

Edit: I guess with upgrading to 4.5 I no longer get to make my own themes. This bites.
    Last edited by Angel_Love87; 11-05-08 at 11:38 AM.
    11-05-08 11:33 AM
    Well, I don't know what else to do... Aside from downgrading my OS... Thanks for the help everyone.

I really have the worst luck in the world...
    11-05-08 11:46 AM
    Have you tried copying and pasting the jad address, and emailing it to your phone?...has always worked for me
    11-05-08 02:37 PM
    Have you tried copying and pasting the jad address, and emailing it to your phone?...has always worked for me
    Yeah, The problem is that either my site won't let me download it, or something is wrong in the theme and it wont let me download it. Even on my phone it says the page is incorrect. know any free sites I can upload to give it a try?
    11-05-08 09:32 PM
    I talked to my website hosting people and I needed "Add a mime type for it with the extension text/vnd.sun.j2me.app-descriptor".

But the download fails...
    Last edited by Angel_Love87; 11-05-08 at 11:47 PM.
    11-05-08 11:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD