I've been working on making themes for the Storm in Plazmic and I really like how the Today themes look (the ones with the messages and calendar always on the screen)

I know how to make a hidden Today in plazmic, but how do I make the other version that is always visible?

Thanks in advance for any help
    03-30-09 09:53 PM
    maybe i'm understanding your question correctly.
    but is it not simply adding 2 Today apps in custom homescreen. Set one to Messages, the other to Calendar, select the number of subentries to display.
    03-31-09 03:23 AM
    I was going to feel like an ***** if I opened it up and it was that easy

on my Plazmic there is "Theme Extras" where it has Status Text and Today Area. Under Today area, it only has the choice to change font, focus bar, and subentries... There is no way to add more than one app or set them to anything. When I click to activate the Today Area, it automatically makes it hidden.

I'm using version 4.1.0.18
    03-31-09 11:25 AM
    ah, now i understand your question better.

i think what you want to do with Text Area is this.
    Set up some Zen app objects, eg. Calendar, Messages, Phone.
    Enable Today Area, then set up the navigation like this:
    Banner Profile
    |
    Calendar -> Today Area
    |
    Messages -> Today Area
    |
    Phone -> Today Area

so this is navigating vertically through Banner Profile, Calendar, Messages, Phone.
    Today Area for each app can be accessed by scrolling sideways from any of the 3 apps. In this case, the Today Area updates itself to show the appropriate info for the currently highlighted app.
    because it's one common Today area for all apps, the info only shows for the currently highlighted app.
    if you want the Today subentries for particular app to show all the time on homescreen, use the Today app objects.

Please let me know if i've answered your question!
    04-01-09 01:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD