Did a bit of searching on here and Google, but couldn't figure out how to create a hidden today in one of the themes I'm making. I know what it is and everything like that, I'm just unsure of the setup. The theme i would like it for is my theme labeled "Pipboy 3000" under the 9630 section for themes. (I don't have enough posts for links). When i "hover" over MESSAGES and SMS/MMS I would like the "hidden today" to appear.

I'm unsure if this second part is possible, but I'd also like to try to make the icons scroll down, making it so i could have more than the 6 currently present.

Any help?

01-04-10 02:44 PM
    For the hidden items, in Theme Builder make sure you have the Inspector enabled (Window --> Inspector). Then in the Home Screen tab scroll down to "Text Extras" and check the box next to "Today Area." That should do it. I am new to the BB world, so there might be other ways but that is what I did.

01-05-10 09:59 AM
    That would work, but it isn't a "Hidden" today. What I'm referring to is that when you scroll over messages/calender/sms, any unread messages/sms/or events would appear. What you had suggested makes it so those unread messages/sms/events appear all the time, even if I'm not scrolling over that application.

Maybe I'm wrong, I don't know.
    01-05-10 10:16 AM
    I think it may just tell you the number of messages, not actally display them. That would be awesome if someone knows how to do that.
    01-05-10 11:28 AM
    Actually what jasonmullins described is exactly how I did it for my own theme... When you turn it on through his description you'll see it "un-hidden", but when you actually load the theme it won't show until you hover over something that has Today text.
    01-05-10 11:33 AM
    If you check out the theme I'm making though, the "Pipboy 3000" under the 9630 section, how would I set that up? Since I'm using both Composer and Theme Builder.
    01-05-10 12:05 PM
    Follow the steps as described by jasonmullins in Theme Builder... All you need to do is tell Theme Builder to turn on Today text, number of entries to display up to and that's it. That will then show you a Today text box in Theme Builder that you can resize... It's just that simple!
    01-05-10 01:06 PM
    I would then have to edit the .svg for my animated homescreen, correct? I currently have the application names typed in Composer.

I didn't think it was that simple, I thought it was some trick those big shots didn't want to give up lol.

Second question, is it possible to have the scrolling "dock" like I stated in my first post?
    01-05-10 01:44 PM
    Not sure how you have things set up in Composer, but I would have created a button that launches the Messages app and then change the icon to an image that reads Messages. Other than that, I don't think you need to edit anything else.

Not sure if you can do the scroll down, but the scroll across is possible. There's a JScroll.svg, JScroll.cp, and I think a JScroll.thm somewhere in the samples folder where Theme Builder was installed to. I have not messed with those yet, but if it's possible to go left/right, it should be possible to go up/down.
    01-05-10 01:56 PM
    How I currently have it set up in Composer is a blank icon that launches "XXX" application. Next to that blank icon I have the name that it launches. For example, blank icon launches Browser, "BROWSER" typed next to the blank icon. If making the hidden today is as simple as you/jasonmullins described, I'm thinking just remove the "icon" and message text in Composer.

I read about the JScroll but couldn't really gather enough on how to go about doing it. It seems those that know how to manipulate it don't want to share the information..Oh well, I'll eventually figure it out.
    01-05-10 02:02 PM
    After messing around with it, I still can't figure out how to get it to show up properly. Maybe I'm lost, but in this theme, http://forums.crackberry.com/f148/bl...natemz-388821/ the today area is above the "icon/text". would i leave the messages application in my .svg, and add the today area?
    01-06-10 10:13 AM