I hope someone can help me. I am creating a today theme using Theme Developer 4.6 on Vista. I cannot get the applications screen background to show up on my TMO/8320 or the 8300/8320 simulators running 4.2.2. Everything else is exactly as expected. I double checked the file and it matches dimensions and PNG format as the home screen, incoming calls and lock screen.

The program allows me to designate a separate background image for the application screen and I have had themes with different applications screen backgrounds . . . so?

Also does anybody know where I could get an overview of the Simulator event log codes? Depending on which simulator I use depends on the errors.

Any help would be much appreciated! Thank you in advance.

BTW-Does CB have a parent "Troubleshooting Theme Development" thread?
    11-04-08 02:38 PM
    Not sure this will help, but I just loaded up 4.6 myself and ran into the same sort of issue. Created a theme with a different background for main screen and apps screen. But when I loaded it, only the image from the main screen shows up on both. I figure it's a limitation of the older OS. What happens when you do the 4.5 simulator?
    11-05-08 07:10 PM
    I have not tried it under 4.5 simulator. Mostly because I wanted to assure compatibility with 4.2.2 - I can do a quick test to resolve your question.

I have had 4.2.2 compatible themes that do have a different app. screen background so I am not ready to "jump ship" yet. LOL

Also-Are you running Vista? I located a Plazmic Builder 4.2.2 PDF at http://na.blackberry.com/eng/deliver...own_issues.pdf
    On page 3 under Functional Changes/notes I found the following excerpt:

"1.The Plazmic Content Developer’s Kit supports Microsoft Windows Vista Enterprise version. It has not been verified for other versions of Windows Vista."

Although the PDF is for Plazmic Builder 4.2.2 I am wondering if this could be a carry over issue.

I am running Vista home premium. I am testing on WinXP today and will provide an update.

P.S. Nice web site - couldn't ask for a better last name!
    Last edited by dAtaFoRm; 11-06-08 at 10:03 AM. Reason: add note.
    11-06-08 09:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD