Hi ive just got my blackberry today and downloaded themes that are JAD and also downloaded the blackberry desktop manager and getting quite confused on how to transfer the themes to my blackberry not sure where im going wrong as in my blackberry destop manager theres nothing on there that shows themes :s ive read other topics and still confused thanks
    03-22-10 07:49 AM
    JAD files are made to be OTA (over the air). Just point your phone to the link and press a few buttons. There are other files (for example COD) made for use by the computer.

Welcome to CrackBerry.
    03-22-10 07:58 AM
    so OTA you can download using my blackberry web?
    03-22-10 08:08 AM
    so OTA you can download using my blackberry web?
    Yes. Go to the link. Options/get link/follow instructions.

If the theme is appropriate for your device and OS then you will see the theme listed in both Options/themes and Options/advanced options/applications

Find the theme in themes and click to install. Should be pretty simple in the end.

The other way sometimes is to e-mail the OTA link to your phone. Then follow the download link as above. Either way should be pretty easy once you get the hang of it.
    03-22-10 08:27 AM
    I still dont get it i have the theme files for my phone in my documents and dont know what to do from there and i have destop manager but dont know where to start to get the theme onto my phone and i really dont understand this over the air buisness how do i get the link im completely new and only got it today does anyone know of a step by step
    03-22-10 08:34 AM
    Best how-to is http://crackberry.com/blackberry-101...ckberry-themes

In http://crackberry.com/blackberry-101-how-lecture-series there are lots of tips and tricks to help you enjoy your phone and get the very most out of it.

If you just got the phone I suggest spending some time reading BB101 and poking around the device before trying something like installing a new theme. Once the theme is installed you will need to move your icons around to fit. The process is simple but some familiarity with the device is best for a start.
    03-22-10 09:03 AM
    Thanks for your help ive managed to install some on my blackberry now using my web browser on my phone and just downloading them like that thanks for your help though.
    03-22-10 07:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD