I have a Sprint 8330 and my friend has a Verizon 9630. We have both tried to download model specific themes OTA. The phones indicate successful download, but we cannot find the theme in themes section, although it is listed in the options> applications area. Since we have different models and carriers, probably the problem is our ignorance. What are we doing wrong or not doing? Thanks.
    02-18-10 11:15 AM
    I have a Sprint 8330 and my friend has a Verizon 9630. We have both tried to download model specific themes OTA. The phones indicate successful download, but we cannot find the theme in themes section, although it is listed in the options> applications area. Since we have different models and carriers, probably the problem is our ignorance. What are we doing wrong or not doing? Thanks.
    Personally iv never heard of this before.

You downloading them ota from Crackberry or a diff website?

It may not work but try a battery pull see if it find them then.

You running up to date versions of firmware on your phones aswell ?
    02-18-10 11:26 AM
    I pull my battery religiously and check for OS updates every week or so. Current is 4.5.0.175.
    I figured we were just missing something simple.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-18-10 02:59 PM
    The problem here is that your mobile OS version is different from the supported OS version of that theme.

You should Check your OS version before you download to make sure you download the correct one.
    Click on "Options" then click on "About" on your BlackBerry. The OS version will be "v.4.****" or "v.5.****" .

When you know your OS version, select the exact OS version (of that theme) & then download it

It will work!!!!

Viki
    02-19-10 02:36 AM
    Viki- thanks, we will both give it a try.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-15-10 07:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD