Hello. I've read many topics and googled/searched several forums and can't find the answer I'm looking for. I'm making themes for the first time today and I can't figure out for the life of me how to resize icons on either the home screen or the menu. I read on another topic you had to resize the icon files individually (the underlay, focus, etc) so I've done that through photoshop making sure to leave them transparent but when I select one of the new icons (Such as calendar) that's been resized to 60x60 for example, it takes the 60x60 image and stretches it to fit the 80x80 square.

After thinking about it for a bit, even if I could change the icons individually this probably won't help with icons that aren't included with the BB (JiveTalk, Opera Mini, etc.) so I'm guessing there's a default settings somewhere that I have to change but I am just completely stumped. I'm also guessing it has something to do with the SVG File prompt. I do have the composer but have no idea how to use it. Am I going to have to use the composer? If so, can someone point me in the right direction? I'd settle for having all the icons on the home screen set to 60x60 or 40x40 (so I can try to make an L theme for my 8900) but knowing how to resize the icons in the menu screen would be nice too.
    02-22-09 11:02 PM
    So I followed the instructions in another thread which I cannot link to and it gave me PERFECT sized icons, however when I import the SVG file into the theme builder, the icons aren't selectable and I can't map any functions to them or move them. They just sit there. Can someone help me out? I'm obviously missing something.
    02-22-09 11:53 PM
    I went ahead and imported an SVG with the icons in the place I wanted them straight from the composer (so I wouldn't have to move them at all in the Theme Builder) and created a theme. The theme looks great, the buttons all work, the only problem is about 50% of the icons that aren't BlackBerry don't light up at all when selected. It's strange, because apps like Facebook, and Google Maps do, but Opera Mini, Berry 411 and JiveTalk don't. Any suggestions?
    02-23-09 12:10 AM
    Sorry for so many posts, just want to keep whoever ends up helping me updated on my situation lol. I made another theme and it looks really nice, but having the same issue mentioned in the post above this one, but also another issue.

I have 9 total icons in an L shape. They are numbered 1 through 9 from top left to bottom right like this :

5 6 7 8 9

Now the new problem I'm having is the 1st, 4th and 9th icons are all the same. For example, if I put my calendar in the first spot on my menu screen, it will show up as my 1st, 4th and 9th icons on the home screen. I am completely stumped, and now need help with this one. Anyone able to help with either of these problems?
    02-23-09 01:15 AM
    Are you able to move the icons around from the icon page on your blackberry because if you can then please help me figure this out then we both should be good to go.
    02-23-09 02:55 AM
    Are you able to move the icons around from the icon page on your blackberry because if you can then please help me figure this out then we both should be good to go.

I can move the icons from my menu page, but it doesn't help. If I bring a new icon up into the 1st slot it is then copied 3 times in the same manner.

Regardless, I started from scratch and was able to resolve that issue, however I cannot resolve the issue of the icons not lighting up when focused. It's only 3rd party apps right now that won't light up, BB apps light up just fine. I'm stuck here, anyone?
    02-23-09 06:52 PM
    i ned your help too, i am resizing the icons in composer so it can fit 8 icons, but after i applied it, the icons got cropped, am i missing something either in theme builder or composer ?

nb : i added a quake animation on my icons

really appriciate the help
    10-04-09 12:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD