Hello all.

I fellow theme developer emailed me and asked me this question, "How do I create a pop up menu style dock in composer, without using a "sliding type of dock?" I tried to answer the question as best as I could since I haven't used a pop-up style dock before. This has gotten me a little curious as well. Curious enough to spend 4 hours on it this morning trying to figure it out. Below are the steps I took in trying to resolve my curiosity.

1. Create a button in Plazmic Composer.
    2. Click the "interactivity Menu" and go to "Actions"
    3. Click the "load scene" button.
    4. Highlight the load scene in the action window below.
    5. From the load scene field, enter the url of the file. (svg, pmb, pme..etc)
    6. Once loaded...click okay.
    7. Export and test.

Any how, I know about creating buttons to load "scenes" in composer, but once I export theme, they never work. I just have that lonely test icon sitting on the simulator screen and it does nothing. So I believe I'm missing a step in composer during the process, or I have to do more editing of the actual svg file. Not sure.

Anyone have any ideas?
    08-25-09 07:58 AM
    Try the "show and Hide" instead of "load Scene".
    08-25-09 01:40 PM
    Try the "show and Hide" instead of "load Scene".

I think I tried show/hide component also. But when I load the theme for testing, the icons/menu that are supposed to be shown by clicking the icon to activate them....are still showing as if I never did anything. I'm now beginning to understand my friends frustration with this lol.

So lets say for example, I want button 2 to make my dock and buttons 3-9 show. Do I use the show hide component under button 2...or buttons 3-9?
    08-25-09 08:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD