I'm new to BB's, but I'm looking to get into making my own themes...

Can anyone point me in a good direction to start... I'm looking for some good tools... are there different tools or version I should be looking for... what do you use? Do I need different things to create themes for the Curve, vise the Bold or Storm or Curve 8900?

Are there any helpful instructions websites, or pdf's on the web to get started and familiar with the tools or how to guides?
    10-06-08 07:52 AM
    No help??? Is it a secret??? Or is there a thread I did not see here???
    10-06-08 12:38 PM
    I Think If You Do A Seach You Might Find What You Are Looking For .. I Know I Have Seen It Before ..
    10-06-08 12:54 PM
    3 words, plazmic theme builder
    Building Blackberry themes using Plazmic Theme Builder - PinStack.com Forums

Last edited by zahirw; 10-06-08 at 02:20 PM. Reason: incomplete post
    10-06-08 02:17 PM
    Thanks... I'm guessing by those 3 words this is the main tool for making themes. Looks like I have a few things to download.
    10-06-08 03:41 PM
    Thanks... I'm guessing by those 3 words this is the main tool for making themes. Looks like I have a few things to download.
    Those are download instructions for the older Theme Builder...

All you need to do is go to: Plazmic
    ...and download the Content Developers Kit (CDK) v4.5, which contains the Theme Builder program.
    10-06-08 05:26 PM
    Those are download instructions for the older Theme Builder...

All you need to do is go to: Plazmic
    ...and download the Content Developers Kit (CDK) v4.5, which contains the Theme Builder program.
    I did that, but on the Plazmic.com Download page it says that Device Simulators 4.2.2, and Email and MDS Services Simulator are both system requirements. Are you saying they are not required?
    10-07-08 09:46 AM
    I did that, but on the Plazmic.com Download page it says that Device Simulators 4.2.2, and Email and MDS Services Simulator are both system requirements. Are you saying they are not required?
    I have one 4.2.2 Device Simulator installed on my computer (for my phone, 8830)...the rest are OS 4.5 device simulators that came packaged in the BlackBerry JDE v4.5. The reason why 'Device Simulators 4.2.2' are listed as a requirement for the CDK, is because of the simulate tool within Plazmic Theme Builder (and Composer). But that tool rarely(never) works properly and most developers just wind up opening the simulators by themselves in order to test themes on their computer.

As for the other 'requirement', the Email and MDS Services Simulator....I don't have that installed and Plazmic works fine for me. This simulator is really just for if those who need to simulate BES activity...as stated in it's short description.

I recommend downloading at least one device simulator...
    10-07-08 12:17 PM
    I have the same inquiry... I downloaded the theme builder from your link and the builder works well, but it only makes themes in *.thm format. I have a Curve 8530 and it requires all themes, according to the desktop manager, to be in *.ali or *.alx format. I've looked all over for a converter, but I can't find a working one. I know this is a really old topic, but hopefully someone will see it and respond. I made a really cute one and tried exporting it directly from the program to my phone twice and it only half worked. Anyone else having the same problem?
    01-22-10 08:12 PM
    You need to export them. In theme studio 5.0 it gives you the option to export for ota, desktop manager, or strait to your BB. Also in the storm 9530 posts, there is a thread called open source theme. In there you will find EVERYTHING you need. Some of the coolest people on this site let you upload their .thm and .cmp and .svg files. Trust me you will figure it out. Just make sure you thank them, and don't try to re sale them as your own.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-22-10 09:32 PM
    it takes forever to download on a mac..
    01-30-10 01:04 PM
    Hi, im trying to make a blackberry theme for a possibly 5.0 os. what i need help on is i want to make it so that if u move ur trackball or whatever to the side it acts like a new page on the homescreeen. I dont think im being clear. let me try again.
    ok, so the normal theme has that bar with x number of apps right? on the homescreen. Well, i want to make it so if say u moved ur trackball up so technically u are highlighting the background, and then move the trackball left or right, a new screen slides in with other apps. kinda like the droind incredible almost. Thanks in advance and i wish i could be more clear.
    05-17-10 07:14 PM
    by the way im new to making themes but i really am dettermined to make a good theme. im really aiming at kinda innovating the look and feel of the os without changing the os.
    05-17-10 07:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD