Okay, so before the Bold and Pearl Flip came out, we all wanted the Precision theme badly, so people made themes.

At that time, the built in themes were all colored icons that were kind of Vista like. Third Party app developers made their apps have icons that were also colored and kind of 3d looking.

So when we installed the nice new Precision look alike themes, the third party apps stuck out like a sore thumb, due to the fact that we cant skin them.

---

Fast forward to present. Now the devices come with Precision as a default. Third party app developers are also now making their apps have icons that look in line with the precision icons.

Great for those who use the precision theme... not so good if now you'd like to go to a nice OSX like theme, or iphone, or Vista etc where the icons are nice and 3d and colored. I installed one of the OSX Storm themes that were made, and wow.... I had to change back to my precision based Mystic FOrest theme.

Why? Because Google Maps, Instango, Viigo etc all look like absolute crap and don't match!

---

We can't win can we? lol
    02-14-09 07:22 PM
    3rd party app icons can be changed to fit the overall theme icons. Its up to the developers to change them. Also plazmic theme builder and plazmic composer is limited to how these icons show on our BBs. The icons can be changed but will only be changed if they are placed on the homescreen in a fixed position. Hopefully in future releases the icons will allow change for the app screen and not just the homescreen.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-14-09 09:23 PM
    Until things get worked out with themes, my suggestion, use one of the built-in ones and just change your wall paper. Eventually the kinks will be worked out.

Okay, so before the Bold and Pearl Flip came out, we all wanted the Precision theme badly, so people made themes.

At that time, the built in themes were all colored icons that were kind of Vista like. Third Party app developers made their apps have icons that were also colored and kind of 3d looking.

So when we installed the nice new Precision look alike themes, the third party apps stuck out like a sore thumb, due to the fact that we cant skin them.

---

Fast forward to present. Now the devices come with Precision as a default. Third party app developers are also now making their apps have icons that look in line with the precision icons.

Great for those who use the precision theme... not so good if now you'd like to go to a nice OSX like theme, or iphone, or Vista etc where the icons are nice and 3d and colored. I installed one of the OSX Storm themes that were made, and wow.... I had to change back to my precision based Mystic FOrest theme.

Why? Because Google Maps, Instango, Viigo etc all look like absolute crap and don't match!

---

We can't win can we? lol
    02-14-09 09:25 PM
    Until things get worked out with themes, my suggestion, use one of the built-in ones and just change your wall paper. Eventually the kinks will be worked out.
    Ummm.... I am not knocking the themes lol at all! In fact I made what I think is a pretty good today+ theme for storm. (see Mystic Forest)

I was just ranting about how the 3rd party app developers keep changing their icons to something that seems to be the opposite of what we are trying to theme lol.

And there is only one built in theme on storm... a bottom zen... no way would I even consider going back to that after making my Today theme!
    02-14-09 09:37 PM
    3rd party app icons can be changed to fit the overall theme icons. Its up to the developers to change them. Also plazmic theme builder and plazmic composer is limited to how these icons show on our BBs. The icons can be changed but will only be changed if they are placed on the homescreen in a fixed position. Hopefully in future releases the icons will allow change for the app screen and not just the homescreen.

The icons can only be changed by the application developer, not the theme builder.
    02-14-09 10:34 PM
    The icons can only be changed by the application developer, not the theme builder.
    Try doing a little more research. 3rd party app icons can be changed in plazmic composer, yes the theme developer can change any 3rd party app icons. In composer you have to add the module name for the 3rd party app and create your homescreen in composer and export svg to load into the theme builder.

02-14-09 10:52 PM
    Try doing a little more research. 3rd party app icons can be changed in plazmic composer, yes the theme developer can change any 3rd party app icons. In composer you have to add the module name for the 3rd party app and create your homescreen in composer and export svg to load into the theme builder.

That only works on the home screen though - so then you have a discontinuity between the home screen and the apps screen. And I am borderline obsessive about things matching! lol
    02-15-09 11:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD