I just recently started building themes and released my first one yesterday which is being hosted on MyBbOTA. Unfortunately, today I went to their site to edit my theme information (change version number, not files) only to discover this is a feature that is unavailable to "free members".

As such, could someone recommend a good website for my OTA hosting that is free and will allow me to edit the theme information when necessary?

Thanks in advance to anyone who replies!
    05-11-11 01:49 PM
    bbthemelab.com offers both free and paid hosting plans for OTA.
    05-11-11 05:03 PM
    bbthemelab.com offers both free and paid hosting plans for OTA.
    Thanks for the reply Russ!

I tried to look into them a bit ago but I don't believe their "contact" page is working.

Do you know if I would be able to edit my theme info if I needed to?

The site my theme is on now won't let me edit the version # unless I'm a paid member, which makes no sense to me. I don't want to have to pay if I make a typo

Thanks again!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-11-11 05:11 PM
    I'm not sure about the details as I have my own webserver for hosting my stuff. I believe there is a link at the bottom of their main page reference the hosting. The site is run by a crackberry user called bbthemelab if that helps you to get in touch?
    05-11-11 06:39 PM
    You can simply delete your ota and reupload it. We're more than happy to approve another ota for you. As for editing an existing one you are correct. You can't as a free member.
    If you need help hit me up.

@QBall45
    MyBBOTA admin
    05-11-11 08:18 PM
    You can simply delete your ota and reupload it. We're more than happy to approve another ota for you. As for editing an existing one you are correct. You can't as a free member.
    If you need help hit me up.

@QBall45
    MyBBOTA admin
    Thanks for the reply QBall45!

I think I can actually work around it now, but I might do that (delete and upload again) later this evening. Looks like I will be going for the record when it comes to uploading the same files over and over LOL!

But I do have a question if you're still around. Are the stats for my theme really how many times its been downloaded?

Thanks again!

05-11-11 08:27 PM
    I can tell you that you ability to edit your ota is the same on bbthemelab as it is on MyBBOTA. You must delete the old one first before uploading the new files.

05-11-11 08:28 PM
    I can tell you that you ability to edit your ota is the same on bbthemelab as it is on MyBBOTA. You must delete the old one first before uploading the new files.

I didn't want to change the files, I just wanted to change the version # because I got so excited about finishing it, that I kind of spaced out LOL

But I think I'm just going to leave it alone and work around it. No biggie

05-11-11 08:31 PM
    Either way. If you chose to delete/reupload to fix it before posting your links I'd be happy to look it over & approve it again for you.

05-11-11 08:33 PM
    Either way. If you chose to delete/reupload to fix it before posting your links I'd be happy to look it over & approve it again for you.

Ok, thanks a bunch!

05-11-11 08:35 PM
    No problem. That's what MyBBOTA Service & Support is here for.
    If you need a hand use that contact email on the site. We are always happy to help.

05-11-11 08:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD