Anyone agree with me on this? Mothy got the right idea on the $2 charge for his "User Customizable" Themes! Very very fare price. Like to see more of that out of the developers! Be well worth it!

"Think about the economy right now" :/
    10-02-08 05:55 PM
    I agree. I don't see the point of paying more than 3.00 for any theme. I don't work to support other people. Regardless of how good they are at photoshopping icons, and making multiple themes. We know how 'hard' it is to make these themes. Meanwhile, if most do it for 'fun', being compensated shouldn't be an issue.

Then again, themes aren't the only thing overpriced when it comes to blackberry. Some applications should be common sense and come with the phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-02-08 06:02 PM
    That seems like a very fair price. Heck, a lot of games are $15 now. I'd like to have Sim City for mine, but $15 is a little steep IMO.

I know how hard it can be to build a theme, but with Plazmic 4.6 on the way, the days of making many themes for people because of the icon layout will be over. I just downloaded The Zman's bold Pearl theme with customizable icons. So it can be done.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-03-08 07:22 AM
    I agree that the prices should be lower and one of the main reasons why themes are sometimes a little pricey is due to the cut that say MobiHand (for instance) takes from your overall sales. All of a sudden $5.00 really becomes $3.00 and so on and so forth.

Theme creators have to gauge their work on whether or not they want fewer sales for a higher price point OR more sales for a much lower price point. It's tough sometimes because you're very proud of your creation and you don't want to just give it away (sometimes).

I feel that a $3-$6 price point is very fair. There is A TON of work that goes into a creating really good, usable theme.
    10-03-08 08:57 AM
    How can you put 'free' and then '$2.99' right next to each other.... That's kinda like 'Diet Water'.......
    10-20-08 03:23 PM
    Mothy does a great job with themes and I think $2 is a fair price.
    10-20-08 03:26 PM
    How can you put 'free' and then '$2.99' right next to each other.... That's kinda like 'Diet Water'.......
    Haha I ment either make em free or charge 1-3 bucks! But this is a post I do NOT want to re-surface! I've been seeing better donation requests lately!
    10-20-08 03:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD