I have a Curve 8330. I believe the OS is 4.5.
    I got two themes with the .jad extension. When I go into the application section in Desktop Manager program I try to point it right at the file. It tells me there are no applications. I`m about two weeks into ny first BlackBerry. I haven`t graduated to nOOb yet What should I try next? I`m confuzzled:s
    02-20-09 06:16 PM
    Do you have a data plan for your BB? If you do you download themes that say OTA. This means over the air and you download the theme with your BB which will install your theme.

Now if it says Desktop install or desktop manager install, these files are loaded on your BB with your PC.
    Run desktop manager and click install applications, browse to your theme you downloaded(it will have the extension alx ) click install and your done. Wait till after your BB reboots and unplug from pc.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-20-09 08:07 PM
    Do you have a data plan for your BB? If you do you download themes that say OTA. This means over the air and you download the theme with your BB which will install your theme.

Now if it says Desktop install or desktop manager install, these files are loaded on your BB with your PC.
    Run desktop manager and click install applications, browse to your theme you downloaded(it will have the extension alx ) click install and your done. Wait till after your BB reboots and unplug from pc.

Thanks for your response. I don`t have an internet plan on my phone. Just texting and e-mail. I think that`s what I am looking for, are the desktop install in the .alx format. Are you aware of a site I can find these on?
    Thaks again for your response.
    02-20-09 09:21 PM
    Yes your looking for alx .
    They will tell you its for desktop install. It will usually be in zip file. Just unzip and load up the desktop manager.

If you look above this forum, you'll see the theme forums for each device. Just look through it and you'll find hundreds of free themes in just about every kind of catergories. I personally prefer making my own themes to suit my own needs, but there are tons of awesome themes you can find for free there.

02-20-09 09:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD