After switching themes today(not even a new one, just another one that's been on my phone before) I noticed my gmail email icon is not skinned.

After numerous batt pulls still nothing. After deleting the email account, restarting phone, then re-activating the account, still not getting skinned. All of my other email account icons are skinned fine.

I then loaded up about 5 other themes and repeated the process and the gmail icon will still not skin in any of them.

I wasn't sure if this has something to do with the new gmail plug-in that was implemented in the newest verizon official 5.0??

Whats odd is that it's been fine all this time until today and I've switched out plenty of themes since I loaded the official os the day it came out. Previously I was running Driphters hybrid, so before you even ask, yes, all my themes are for os 5.0.

Anyone else experiencing this?
    04-06-10 05:19 PM
    in theory the theme wont change this icon, as the gmail, and also yahoo and aol i believe, are icons pused out with the service books for the email address, so they would circumvent the theme
    04-06-10 05:26 PM
    in theory the theme wont change this icon, as the gmail, and also yahoo and aol i believe, are icons pused out with the service books for the email address, so they would circumvent the theme
    No the gmail icon has never been skinned in the default theme like the Yahoo or Aol icons are.
    04-06-10 06:13 PM
    If you're running the Enhanced Gmail application the icon will never be skinned. Although it appears to use the default wireframe mail icon from the Precision theme, it is actually a legit third party program and therefore cannot be customized. A lot of people get confused over this because of the icon they chose, maybe they should have used a custom Google one.
    04-06-10 07:01 PM
    If you're running the Enhanced Gmail application the icon will never be skinned. Although it appears to use the default wireframe mail icon from the Precision theme, it is actually a legit third party program and therefore cannot be customized. A lot of people get confused over this because of the icon they chose, maybe they should have used a custom Google one.
    I see exactly what your saying. BUT first, i'm not talking about the gmail "application" icon. Second, my gmail icon was ALWAYS skinned with EVERY custom theme I've ever ran, regardless of it being a legit third party just like the Yahoo and AOL icons, which would not get skinned when I ran a custom theme.

Here's what I mean, I have the icon layout the same in each picture..

This just out of the blue changed, so I didn't know if something was all the sudden pushed to our phones that made the pushed gmail icon unable to be skinned or what.
    Last edited by abboder; 04-06-10 at 10:04 PM.
    04-06-10 10:02 PM
    you can remove the gmail .cods using crackutil and this will fix that. they are the net_rim_bb_gmail i think 3 or 4 of them
    04-06-10 10:33 PM
    If you updated your OS to a 5.0 version on the Tour, I believe Verizon has pushed out the Enhanced Gmail app. You won't even know if you have it, but you definitely do, if your icon isn't changing you have it.

There's a way to remove it and then using the Email Setup tool to load up your Gmail account the regular way, which will restore your icon to the theme default.
    04-07-10 12:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD