Why are people making droid and iphone themes for bb phones? This is so stupid. Who want a bb looking like an iphone or a droid?
    Last edited by STR8WESTCOAST; 12-29-09 at 02:35 AM.
    12-29-09 02:31 AM
    yay a troll!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by dictoresno; 12-29-09 at 03:00 AM.
    12-29-09 02:57 AM
    Two words readily come to mind: Personal Preference.
    12-29-09 03:00 AM
    To put it into the perspective of car guys, for the same reason some will put the powertrain of a new car into an old musclecar. I prefer the looks of the original Dodge Challenger to the new one, but the new powertrain is technologically superior.

I prefer the performance of the BB, but love the looks of the iphones icons. Hence, my BB is set up to look iphone-like.

Also, you know no one forces you to read the iphone and droid theme posts, or to use the themes on your phone, right?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-29-09 08:39 AM
    Plus...........................
    WE CAN.
    12-29-09 08:44 AM
    Because there is a market for such, and some theme makers are thoughtful enough to fill the requests and take the challenge of giving folks what they want.

12-29-09 08:48 AM
    It's just aesthetics? A choice of tried and tested design over different platforms cant be a bad thing.
    12-31-09 07:29 AM
    Plus...........................
    WE CAN.
    +1 to this... It is just that simple

01-01-10 08:47 AM
    I agree with the OP, but only to the extent that I don't want my BlackBerry to resemble an iPhone or a Droid. If I wanted that "look" I could have just as easily purchased that device.

I tend towards theme designers who, rather than copy someone else's (likely trademarked) icons and design, get creative and develop attractive, yet highly functional themes.

But ultimately it is just personal preference.
    01-01-10 08:51 AM
    thats what makes Berries unique is the ability to customize, its just a personal preference, most people like a little variety
    01-01-10 08:58 AM
    I would personally never do it, but I like having the option available
    01-01-10 09:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD