Hi there.

Was wondering if someone can shed some light to this issue Ive been having regarding themes. I downloaded the themes, unzipped and installed the .alx file (cod file in same folder btw) with the download manager and can't seem to find them anywhere on the bb afterwards. The desktop manager says apps installed successfully yet I can't find them on the device.

I went to the downloads folder, apps folder, options-themes area, and they're not showing up. I was able to get some themes OTA earlier and they showed up immediately, however, even when I tried an OTA theme last night, it didn't show up in the themes folder.

I even installed the plazmid viewer .alx and still, nothing showing up.

It's driving me crazy! Trying to get a Simspsons theme on there , but no to no avail.

Any ideas what Im doing wrong? Thanks in advance!
    06-05-09 09:55 AM
    have you tired a battery pull yet and see if they show up after that?
    06-05-09 09:57 AM
    If you download a theme and it's listed under Options >Advanced Options >Applications, but not listed under Options >Theme, It's for the wrong device or operating system(OS) To find your OS, go to Options >About...
    06-05-09 09:58 AM
    have you tired a battery pull yet and see if they show up after that?
    I just tried it before I posted- wanted to rule out everything, no good . Thanks for the help tho...

If you download a theme and it's listed under Options >Advanced Options >Applications, but not listed under Options >Theme, It's for the wrong device or operating system(OS) To find your OS, go to Options >About...
    It does indeed show up on the Advanved options > Applications menu, but not under Options > Theme.

I have a Curve 8900 (Javelin or whatever) with OS V 4.6.1.231 (platform 4.2.0.180)

I was basically downloading any theme I came across. Do I have to dl the ones for the 8900 or the OS I have? Any easy tips regarding which to dl? ie, would the ones for the 8300 work? I was able to dl a yankees theme, but not sure if it specified the 8900..

Thanks again for the help, hopefully I can figure out which themes would work with this thing.
    06-05-09 10:10 AM
    They are device specific so only the 8900 will work on a 8900. sometimes the os comes into play I believe
    06-05-09 10:11 AM
    Thanks for the info! much appreciated..

So I guess I have to find themes for the 8900 only. Im guessing if it says 8800 it wont work either, right?
    06-05-09 10:26 AM
    you guessed right
    06-05-09 10:29 AM
    heh, thanks again!

Now on the quest to find a Simpsons theme for the 8900..
    06-05-09 10:52 AM
    If you ask nicely I'm sure there is a theme person around here that would make one
    06-05-09 10:53 AM
    I didn't even think of that. Ill give it a shot on the request thread. Thanks
    06-05-09 11:36 AM
    No problem
    06-05-09 11:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD