I was looking through the theme section and noticed that its ridiculously difficult to find a decent today theme. I'm not into that hidden junk. If I have to scroll over the app to see it I might as well open the app.

So I was just curious if other people are into the hidden stuff. What's your favorite kind of theme?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-02-10 02:09 PM
    I would love to find a theme like Zen with a Today section...I want to be able to glance at my home screen to see current calendar events...that's about the ONLY thing I miss about a Windows Mobile device.
    11-02-10 02:17 PM
    I have always used Today, and the only theme I've made is also Today. Don't understand why anyone would want anything else, like you just said I want to be able to glance at the screen and see what's up. What exactly are you unable to find though, a Today theme like the stock one but with what kind of styling?
    11-02-10 02:21 PM
    @LSPhone - understood...but I also really like having the 6 icons across the bottom of the screen for quick access to my most used apps. isn't there a hybrid today/zen theme available?
    11-02-10 02:24 PM
    Zen is the best looking and by far the most popular, I make sure to make/download only them.
    11-02-10 02:25 PM
    I'm looking for a theme that looks nice, shows my calendar on the home screen and is wallpaper friendly. It just bothers me how limited the choices are for standard today themes. Most of the creative ones have the hidden thing going on and or are zen.

11-02-10 02:36 PM
    @LSPhone - understood...but I also really like having the 6 icons across the bottom of the screen for quick access to my most used apps. isn't there a hybrid today/zen theme available?
    Agree, it's only 1 click to press the Apps key but many times my phone is too slow to respond and I'd prefer to just have the icons at the ready.
    11-02-10 02:48 PM
    Why don't you just design your own themes using the Theme Builder application? Beats the heck out of whining about it.
    11-02-10 05:59 PM
    Because realistically we shouldn't have to. I don't have the time or computer know how to build my own themes. We aren't whining we are making suggestions for current theme builders to make their product more usable for their consumer.

11-02-10 06:07 PM
    I prefer zen themes. I have a hard time finding the perfect theme that does not have crazy fonts. Which is why I am also looking into making some of my own. LOL
    11-02-10 06:37 PM
    I guess lots of folks want their wallpaper to show - hence the hidden today themes. I would not mind a good today but it only needs to show calendar and not messages of any kind.
    11-02-10 09:01 PM
    I would like a theme which is either zen or bottom dock that has separate hidden today & messages features (where if you roll over each it shows about 6-8 items). I want to be able to see my wallpaper.

I would want the dock visible and configurable (where I choose which icons I want).

I also have trouble with eyesight so it has to be easy to read color combinations.
    11-06-10 04:55 PM
    I find that the best way is to find a theme that look and works pretty much how I like and then I will often ask the theme developer to modify it for me. I usually pay for the theme and then pay again to get exactly what I want.
    11-06-10 04:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD