View Poll Results: Do you like screen transitions?

31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

27 87.10%
  • No

4 12.90%
    So I've been working with Theme Studio since last night and I've been blown away by the transitions! They do introduce a little bit of lag to a theme but I think they're just so neat looking that they're worth it. When I first saw the sliding ones I nearly crapped my pants in glee, it makes the berry look so slick.

But I don't see a whole lot of talk about them, and I don't see a whole lot of themes using them.

Do people dislike them or what?
    11-19-09 05:28 PM
    I like the transitions so much, I've deleted all my "old" themes and now when looking for new ones, I only look for those made with Theme Studio. I have several now and the best transitions I've seen are on a premium theme called Phosphoresce. When a menu is closed, it slides to the right and the next screen immediately slides down. The action is so fast and smooth, it's like the menu was "holding up" the next screen. Very cool.
    BTW, I haven't noticed any lag, but I have noticed a very quick little screen flicker. It's a fraction of a split second, it's almost not noticable.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at
    Last edited by BlastTyrant; 11-19-09 at 07:26 PM.
    11-19-09 07:22 PM
    I have only made a theme with the slide so far. I didn't like the wipe, but overall, I like them, even if there is a bit of lag.
    11-19-09 08:11 PM
    the wipe is a bit of a bore. The slide is great, IMHO. Haven't tried the zoom yet, because that's sooo iPhone. Anybody?
    11-20-09 05:49 AM
    I like the transitions. Any new themes I find, I look for them.

11-20-09 05:53 AM
    been looking for a few more myself , downloaded a few that said were made (updated) with transitions but ended up deleting them as they were not as transitioned as the momentum flyout by trimax84> sliding, pop open screens etc.
    11-20-09 09:49 AM
    I like them as well, as a theme maker, i have also been wondering the users take on them. Well, more specifically, the "Lag", if that's what anyone will call it. But i love it and personally, the split second the transition takes, i don't feel is Lag.
    11-20-09 02:29 PM
    Yeah it's just a few milliseconds extra but it's noticeable to me. Doesn't bother me though, I'm surprised it's not more.

11-20-09 09:31 PM
    Definitely keep my eye out for themes using transitions but when it comes to themes I actually use, the transitions can't be overdone and have to seem natural. My gut is that we'll see a ton of transitions in new themes but the lasting ones will not use them excessively.

11-22-09 07:59 PM
    I think transitions are nice, but I would sacrifice aesthetics for speedy performance any day.
    11-24-09 09:03 AM