Just curious b/c I think my phone does slow down when I have my today screen background saved on my card. When answering an incoming call and when moving around the today screen. Thoughts?
    Last edited by vinndy; 10-16-08 at 01:07 PM. Reason: correction
    10-16-08 01:05 PM
    If it does, it's not that noticeable. I have over 40 on my card and I haven't noticed a change.
    10-16-08 01:07 PM
    Is one of them you're today screen wallpaper?
    10-16-08 01:08 PM
    Is one of them you're today screen wallpaper?
    ____Yes____
    10-16-08 01:14 PM
    It is soemwhat better to keep the current wallpaper in Device Memory because if you ever conect your phone to your PC in Mass Media Mode then the theme will not have access to the current wallpaper and it willimmediately revert to the theme default.

A minor but annoying point.

The same applies to current ringtones. This may not become apparent until much later and then you will blame your phone I am sure.
    10-16-08 01:23 PM
    I store all images (including wallpapers) on my media card and have never experienced any "slow-downs" or problems!

And Pete6, not that I doubt you... but are you sure this is true? I have connected my berry to my PC in mass storage mode when using a wallpaper from the microSD and nothing has changed

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-16-08 01:29 PM
    My pics are in my media card too and it seems fine and I have a lot of stuff on my card also. Maybe your card is slow I heard cards like kingston for 1 or 2 gb are fast.

10-16-08 05:18 PM
    I store all images (including wallpapers) on my media card and have never experienced any "slow-downs" or problems!

And Pete6, not that I doubt you... but are you sure this is true? I have connected my berry to my PC in mass storage mode when using a wallpaper from the microSD and nothing has changed

Same goes for me. Mine can be connected to my PC and nothing changes. If I get a call, my ringtone changes though. That's about it. I also haven't noticed any lag either while using my SD's wallpaper.

Like said, it could be your card. You could try formating it to see if it runs any faster. Those cards can slow down over time through constant copying and deleting, sorta like a hard drive.

10-16-08 10:33 PM
    how exactly would one go about saving a theme on their memory card? i know nthis might seem like a noobish question, but hey, i kinda am a nood hah
    10-21-08 07:23 PM
    My pics are in my media card too and it seems fine and I have a lot of stuff on my card also. Maybe your card is slow I heard cards like kingston for 1 or 2 gb are fast.

I can confim this bc on my old curve I had a modest 2 GB kingston and that baby flew through adding pics and videos and stuff like that. I decided to up the capacity to a 4 GB lexar and it slowed right down. Now that I have the bold, I held onto the 4 GB lexar in the hope that it would speed up 10 fold due to the bold's faster processor. It did but the card is still a tiny bit sluggish. I should try a higher capacity kingston and see how that fares

10-21-08 07:31 PM
    Kingston is a good brand, but you can also try SanDisk. They make some of the best cards and I think they invented them. I have a SanDisk Ultra II in my camera and I also use one in my notebook with Vista's Readyboost to speed it up a little. Its the regular SD size with the flip down to USB card. That's one fast card! I'm not sure if they make the Ultra II in a micro though. I'll look today and see.

Check this one out: SanDisk | Products | Mobile Products | microSD Cards
    Last edited by AClayeJ; 10-22-08 at 08:16 AM.
    10-22-08 06:24 AM
    for speeds you want to get in touch with boards like game ones, where they put games on cards, so they have more info on speeds of cards
    10-22-08 10:15 PM
    Don't mean to sound stupid but are you saying I can run themes from card? How do I get them there & then use them? Thanks
    10-24-08 07:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD