08-13-08 12:46 PM
41 12
tools
    Can someone please explain what the crossbar theme is like? Or how it differs from the other themes? I'm considering buying it, but wanna know its full capabilities before I do so. Thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-16-08 09:37 AM
    Watch the video on the main page?

And my .02 cents

This would have been a sweet give away for the 200K member celebration

07-16-08 09:41 AM
    I'm on my berry so can't see the video

07-16-08 09:42 AM
    Anyone???

07-16-08 10:19 AM
    If you have a psp or ps3, the cross media bar that sony uses for their systems is the same thing the cross bar has for their theme. Its that scrolling left to right kinda thing. The icons are all white and the font has a quirky odd look to it.
    07-16-08 10:23 AM
    So you can get to every icon by scrolling left/right? Are the ones on the home screen customizeable?

07-16-08 10:27 AM
    Watch the video on the main page?

And my .02 cents

This would have been a sweet give away for the 200K member celebration
    I totally agree!! If that was a FREE theme, I would be all over it! I am not into paying 7 bucks for a theme, and I am picky about my themes... so I would probably end up blowing 7 bucks and never using the theme!

Anyhow, the theme looks really slick and I was impressed. Obviously, the icons are along the upper part of your screen... under the top banner. They all line up and you can scroll through them... like a carousel effect. The overall impression I got was that it is a slick, professional, crisp and innovative theme!!

It also blends in some 'Today-Plus'-ish type features. For example, if you have a message and select the messages icon, the portion under the icons displays a little message preview, etc.

I think the theme is really nice and amazing!! It may be tricky to find background images that go along with the crossbar of icons through the top of the screen... but I am sure you can find some slick ones to fit the theme!
    07-16-08 10:27 AM
    I bought it....hehe

You can have up to 7 icons on the home screen with your messages, calendar, and phone log being stuck in the first 3 spots. It has a today theme for the calendar part with it showing under the icon itself, all your appointments for the day.
    07-16-08 10:36 AM
    I am too considering purchasing the theme, and I understand it, but I hate the Wallpaper that comes with it. I would love to see everyones customized crossbar screenshot !!!!
    07-16-08 12:41 PM
    I am too considering purchasing the theme, and I understand it, but I hate the Wallpaper that comes with it. I would love to see everyones customized crossbar screenshot !!!!
    Here you go.

07-16-08 01:25 PM
    Can someone please explain what the crossbar theme is like? Or how it differs from the other themes? I'm considering buying it, but wanna know its full capabilities before I do so. Thanks

http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/what.../index143.html

Scroll down to middle of page of complete screenshots and explanations
    07-16-08 01:28 PM
    mothy, is there anyway you could post a screenshot of the fonts and colors used on the address book and messages screens? i was reading some of the comments left on the homepage and got a little discouraged. i'm kinda weird with fonts. i like the way the theme is set up and have wanted it back for a while, but the font thing is big. thanks!
    07-16-08 02:15 PM
    Any wallpaper looks good with this theme lol

07-16-08 02:44 PM
    very nice, and if you go to the what does your screen look like thread, alot of us have posted screen shots with the cross bar
    07-16-08 02:48 PM
    AHHHHH i took the plunge! its downloading and installing now, i'll let you know what i think in a few
    07-16-08 04:27 PM
    ok, i really like it! the fonts arent near as bad as i had read. they arent bad at all. i would post a screenshot, but i have no idea how to do it! lol
    07-16-08 04:36 PM
    Google "Jl_cmdr" its a screenshot app.
    07-16-08 04:49 PM
    Does anyone know how to select the profiles icon at the bottom? I can't figure it out.
    Last edited by zsig; 07-16-08 at 05:37 PM.
    07-16-08 05:23 PM
    I don't know about paying more than 2 bucks for something I cannot play....
    07-16-08 09:50 PM
    I love it so much. I can't find a paper in my arsenal it doesn't work with. I love the fonts (some hate them) and I love the scroll. It's the only theme I have ever bought, and I love it.
    07-17-08 12:04 AM
    Does anyone know how to select the profiles icon at the bottom? I can't figure it out.
    You can't select it.
    07-17-08 01:24 AM
    I purchased this theme and cannot get it to work. I tried turned the bb off and pulled the battery afterwards also. I have all the dimension themes. It shows up in my applications list but not in my themes. It however reads, 8300 and i have the 8320, would that matter? Does anyone know what else might cos this - I really like the look of the theme.
    07-17-08 02:57 PM
    I purchased this theme and cannot get it to work. I tried turned the bb off and pulled the battery afterwards also. I have all the dimension themes. It shows up in my applications list but not in my themes. It however reads, 8300 and i have the 8320, would that matter? Does anyone know what else might cos this - I really like the look of the theme.
    Have you changed the OS on your phone? The battery pull needs to be done with the phone ON.
    07-17-08 04:17 PM
    Have you changed the OS on your phone? The battery pull needs to be done with the phone ON.
    Nope. I have the 4.2 OS and I tried the battery pull with the phone on too. No luck
    07-17-08 04:20 PM
    So you purchased the theme, got the email with the link, followed the link on your phone, downloaded, it said it installed, you pulled battery, and it is not there? Correct?
    07-17-08 04:27 PM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD