02-12-09 12:42 AM
171 ... 34567
tools
    Hey All,

GOOD NEWS. Lots of updates regarding the CrackBerry User & Abuser Themes...details are here.

Basically, there is now:
    - Versions available for the 8700 Series. OS4.2.1 minimum is required - make sure you have that before installing (installing on an older OS will likely Nuke your BlackBerry

- Updated Pearl Versions of the theme - fixes some formatting issues on the original (edge icon was a bit squished). Also, for the Pearl users who were running into the bug of the BlackBerry Messenger Shortcut not showing up in the dock, there is a new Abuser 2 version available which swaps that icon in favor or the web browser.

- Desktop Manager installation is now supported. You can download the zip for any thing that contains the .alx file for installation via usb and BlackBerry Desktop Manager

Head to the Free Theme Gallery >>

Enjoy!!!
    YAY!!! Your the best site ever, well besides CNN.
    03-01-08 11:51 AM
    Limitations of this Theme

There are a couple of limitations with this theme that I want to address as I've seen people asking questions about them in a continuing basis:

- Homescreen Icons Cannot Be User Set. You can't reorder/change the shortcuts that appear on the homescreen. That's why we have two versions available (User & Abuser). The themes are identical, except for the homescreen shortcuts which we have changed up a bit. Realize this won't be perfect for everyone, but it's a limitation within the theme build. For others, the homescreen shortcuts are perfect!!!

- Font Size Changes. On screens where you see the nice looking fonts that have aliasing effect (menus, email inbox, etc.), changing the font size in the Screen/Keyboard settings will not change these fonts. So they'll stay the small size that they are. However, actual pages (viewing/composing email, etc.) will take on changed font sizes. Again, it's a limitation within this theme build that can't be changed. So for some who don't like reading small fonts, it might not be for you.

Hope that makes sense and is clear! Enjoy the theme!!
    03-01-08 11:54 AM
    I have an 8703, and it is not being listed as a theme. I am running on OS 4.2.1. Please advise?
    03-01-08 01:59 PM
    My Pearl is now the best. I'm glad he decided to put the browser icon on there instead of the chat. Everything is great.
    03-01-08 02:10 PM
    JC Designs make awesome themes, I have purchased five so far and this will make my sixth one. His themes are awesome and he is always willing to to help out his customers. Check him out at JC Designs Blackberry Themes you will be glad you did.
    03-01-08 02:12 PM
    every time I go to install this via the desktop manager it comes back telling me that the desktop manager cannot find any applications for my device.

It's downloaded directly to my desktop...anyone care to take a stab at why I cannot upload anything to my device?
    03-01-08 08:29 PM
    I had the same problem and I still show that missing BB Msgr icon.
    03-01-08 08:38 PM
    LOVE IT, thank you!
    Last edited by cate; 03-01-08 at 09:16 PM.
    03-01-08 09:04 PM
    I want to use this theme, but I can't change my home screen. This is one reason I don't use Today themes.

Oh well...
    03-01-08 09:34 PM
    You can change your home screen background image just fine..just not the home screen shortcuts.

i'm pretty sure there is no such thing as the perfect theme - or else that's the theme everybody would use.
    03-01-08 10:01 PM
    My perfect theme is always the newest one on my BB - until I see the next one I like.
    03-01-08 10:40 PM
    zip file is corrupt on curve abuser cannot decompress to install via download
    03-01-08 11:22 PM
    zip file is corrupt on curve abuser cannot decompress to install via download
    same here

btw, thanks for all hard work.
    03-02-08 07:43 PM
    The update solved my EDGE symbol, and the date... thanks
    03-02-08 08:01 PM
    Downloaded both the downloads for pearl and both files are corrupted. Tried OTA and it kept coming up download failed. Can't seem to get this theme and I'd really like to have it.

Any other way I can get this theme please?
    03-03-08 12:56 PM
    I would PM Kevin on this or GadgetBean directly. I d/l the curve and 8820 themes without issue.
    03-03-08 01:01 PM
    OK, so for anybody who has been trying to download the .zip files for Desktop Manager installation for any of the themes...you may be getting an error saying the .zip file is corrupt when you try to open it.

The .zip files are actually fine - there's a known bug in Internet Explorer when it comes to downloading this kind of file from within the content management system we use here at CB (just found out about this of course). Has to do with the download statistics tracking done in the url - IE doesn't like it. Our programmer is on it and a workaround/fix should be in place SOON. Hopefully this afternoon.

The immediate workaround - just download using Firefox web browser. It doesn't run into this bug. Other fix is to use the OTA install vs. Desktop Manager install.

Thanks for the patience!!!
    03-03-08 01:05 PM
    I really love this theme. Awesome work!
    03-03-08 03:17 PM
    Whoohoo! Got 'em through Firefox web browser. Playing with 'em now

Thanks
    03-03-08 05:22 PM
    I have the 8130 with VZW and every time i try to download the theme OTA I get an error saying the "Download Failed" and the details say "907 Invalid COD HTTP Error 404: Not Found." I also tried to install via DM and when i choose the theme in the app loader i get the error message: "No additional applications designed for your device were found."

I am using BB software version 4.3.0.60 and have tried both the User and Abuser themes for 4.2.2 to no avail. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
    03-03-08 08:23 PM
    I love this theme! just figured that crackberry would be a home icon
    03-03-08 08:52 PM
    Great theme, i just wish that i could change the icons on the home screen
    03-03-08 09:50 PM
    Have 8310 from rogers. tried ota and dm install they show up in applications section but not in themes. how do i activate. downloaded with firefox also thanks
    03-04-08 08:34 AM
    Have 8310 from rogers. tried ota and dm install they show up in applications section but not in themes. how do i activate. downloaded with firefox also thanks
    Try a battery pull.
    03-04-08 09:06 AM
    tried battery pull a few times. Still doesnt let me see it in themes
    03-04-08 01:44 PM
171 ... 34567
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD