Ok I don't know if this can be done or not:

Could someone take the bb dimension zen theme and make it so that when you roll over the message icon, the sender and subject appears just like the today theme instead of messages and the # of unread? (Also could someone make it for free )

Thanks in advance,
    Eric

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-31-08 10:02 PM
    I don't want to come off as a snob on this, but in my opinion (and please bear in mind that I have no clue how much work goes into the creation of a theme) I think it is borderline disrespectful to ask someone to focus their time and effort to accommodate your needs on a personal level and not be willing to even provide a small donation to show your gratitude. I assume there is a great deal of work that is invested in any software application if you expect for it to not only look good, but function properly. That is worth something in my book. Most developers provide their themes free of charge unless you have a specific request, and even then asking only a five to ten dollar donation. They take pride in what they do and I believe they have every right to. Having said that, I hope that you get your theme built, but you might get a better response by reciprocating respect. I do not mean to offend you in any way and apologize if I have. I just don't think that those who provide us with apps like themes do not get the credit they deserve. I hope you understand.

08-01-08 12:04 AM
    I agree with Rachael, if someone really has the time to do this you would be lucky man.
    08-01-08 12:13 AM
    That can not be done with Plazmic CDK.
    08-01-08 12:28 AM
    I don't want to come off as a snob on this, but in my opinion (and please bear in mind that I have no clue how much work goes into the creation of a theme) I think it is borderline disrespectful to ask someone to focus their time and effort to accommodate your needs on a personal level and not be willing to even provide a small donation to show your gratitude. I assume there is a great deal of work that is invested in any software application if you expect for it to not only look good, but function properly. That is worth something in my book. Most developers provide their themes free of charge unless you have a specific request, and even then asking only a five to ten dollar donation. They take pride in what they do and I believe they have every right to. Having said that, I hope that you get your theme built, but you might get a better response by reciprocating respect. I do not mean to offend you in any way and apologize if I have. I just don't think that those who provide us with apps like themes do not get the credit they deserve. I hope you understand.

Ok, I see where your comming from but, I have seen a lot of people on cb and in other forums asking people to make them themes for free. Also, I do not think that my post was disrespectful in any way at all or even close to it. I'm not demanding or forcing people to make themes for me, I simply asked if it could be done and if someone could please make it. If someone likes to make themes (I have seen this before) and wants to make what I requested, that is up to him/her, If he/she would like payment for their theme, that is their decision as well. I also said please in the title and thanks in advance at the end of my post. If someone actually makes it, I will post my gratitude toward him/her. I have no idea how to make a theme, but I know it can be a very involved process. But I have seen people on cb and elts where ask for a specific theme and a kind and helpful theme developer gives them a free ota and zip download right there on the forum with no charge or request for pay. I have also seen people on cb give extensive tech support to people's problems worthy of pay, but only receive a thank-you or sometimes even less than that. The bottom line is, some people just enjoy doing things for others, for pay or for free. I'm asking for a favor, not a debate with you over asking for one.
    08-01-08 01:26 AM
    Wow....

First, Sadly...I don't think that can be done with the current version of Plazmic.

Second, that would take a LOOOOOOONG time to build.

Dm
    08-01-08 07:55 AM
    Yeah. I have no idea how to build a theme, so I didn't know how long it would take or how involved it would be. I think I might download the theme thing and try to teach myself how to build themes. Can someone tell me what would be involved in building that theme if it was possible?

08-01-08 08:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD