Hello everyone! I haved tried searching and searching for help in general for getting themes. I would love to start off with download at least one theme but I have no idea on what to do. I get bits and pieces, here and there on what to do. So does anyone know where there is a step by step thread about this. And I know nothing about various files that are connected to the themes. And do I have to have some kind of app for downloading and installing themes? Thank you very much. Just need to find a thread that will walk me through the process.
    07-16-10 05:38 PM
    You can find themes for your device on this board [HERE].
    Premium Themes cost money, FREE Themes are obviously free. All you need to do to download the theme is to click on the link to the .jad file and install the theme onto your device. Once downloaded, go into OPTIONS < THEMES < and choose the theme you want to use and click "apply."

Easy.
    Of course you will want to make sure you download the version that is specifically made for your OS either 4.6/4.7 or 5.0.
    07-16-10 05:50 PM
    Ok so once I click on the link to the .jad file, where is it downloading the theme to? My computer or bb? I know dumb question. And I understand there is the OTA way too.
    07-16-10 06:43 PM
    Oh one more thing please. I have been reading that when some people download themes they are wondering where certain apps went or saying they are gone. Am I right by saying that those apps probably got hidden and you just have to unhide them? Thanks for your help And what is hidden doc?
    Last edited by ncmomgoinczy; 07-16-10 at 06:47 PM. Reason: Forgot something
    07-16-10 06:46 PM
    Oh one more thing please. I have been reading that when some people download themes they are wondering where certain apps went or saying they are gone. Am I right by saying that those apps probably got hidden and you just have to unhide them? Thanks for your help And what is hidden doc?
    Yes your assumption about the apps is correct, hidden doc means you can scroll and hide the icons
    07-17-10 03:40 PM
    Ok so once I click on the link to the .jad file, where is it downloading the theme to? My computer or bb? I know dumb question. And I understand there is the OTA way too.
    You'll need to download the JAD file on your BB---that is OTA.
    07-17-10 05:14 PM
    could I trouble someone to post a link here so I can give it a shot??
    07-17-10 10:07 PM
    could I trouble someone to post a link here so I can give it a shot??
    Are you wanting to give it a shot downloading a theme?
    07-18-10 07:21 AM
    Are you wanting to give it a shot downloading a theme?
    yeah, ive never attempted it before
    07-18-10 02:11 PM
    You find a theme you want to download....once you get the link (that ends in .JAD) send that link to your blackberry, or just browse to the link on your blackberry browser and once u go there, it will bring you to the download page, you just download it, once its done, you go to OPTIONS>THemes

You MUST be downloading a theme developed for your device and operating system so make sure its availble for your device.
    07-18-10 03:11 PM
    07-18-10 03:52 PM
    thanks fellas, ill give it a shot
    07-18-10 05:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD