I have an 8330 Curve from Sprint. I've tried out a couple different themes (some that came on the phone, two others that I downloaded here and on another site), and they look fine, but my push email doesn't work well with any of them. It takes my emails about 15 minutes to arrive, whereas with the default Sprint theme they get there pretty much instantaneously. Any suggestions for how to fix this? I'd really like a different theme, but I need my emails to arrive quickly.

Thanks.
    10-12-08 12:21 PM
    I cant see HOW changing a theme could cause your PUSH mail to be slower...
    10-12-08 12:38 PM
    I don't see how, either, so maybe that's not what it is. But -- forgive my ignorance -- I don't know what else to check. As I said, I've been getting emails pushed almost instantaneously, and now there's a 15-20 minute lag.
    10-12-08 12:49 PM
    I don't see how, either, so maybe that's not what it is. But -- forgive my ignorance -- I don't know what else to check. As I said, I've been getting emails pushed almost instantaneously, and now there's a 15-20 minute lag.
    Did you make any configuration changes to your Berry around the time the problem started or load any new software?
    10-12-08 12:51 PM
    All I did was upload a wallpaper from this site and a theme.

Also, around the same time, I had to change the password on the email account (through my university) and it hasn't worked right since. I went in and changed the password on the BB, sent Service Books, and when it still didn't work, deleted and re-entered the email address. I called Sprint and they said everything looks fine from their end.

It looks like every email from my work server is showing up 20 minutes after it shows up on my computer. Is that normal?
    10-12-08 01:00 PM
    have you done a battery pull?
    10-13-08 06:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD