A few days ago I purchased mini PB theme for my Torch. No problem with installation. This morning I bought another theme, BB Slate.

Installation went ok but after I rebooted all **** broke loose. A white screen with 'App Error 602' appeared and after several reboots and battery pull I gave up.

Went home with a panick. Managed to soak my whole shirt being the middle of summer here.

Tried to reload the OS with App Loader. No success. Read CB forum where the Tricks and Helps are. Found a thread created by Mod Reed Macleay. Huge sigh of relief when it worked.

So now I'm too scared to reload the theme. Where did I go wrong? Should I have changed the active theme from mini PB back to Stock before I changed it to Slate?
    01-26-11 08:28 PM
    I've never had one brick on me, but I did have one muck up my shortcut settings and made the DM backup fail. It needed a wipe to fix it. I've also had a few do some bizzaro things with my shortcuts, folders and tabs. You never know what those things might conflict with. Needless to say, I ditched that theme. I'd suggest scrapping yours I'd you're sure the theme was the culprit.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-26-11 08:50 PM
    That's it, no more themes for me!

I paid $3.99 for Slate, but couldn't be bothered asking for a refund.
    01-26-11 08:57 PM
    I never had a problem installing themes on my Bold 9700 before and on my Torch. The only bad thing that i noticed back then when i was still using os5 for my 9700 was the minor memory leak. But it was no biggie. If i remember correctly if a theme was kinda glitchy i'd delete it right away.
    01-26-11 09:01 PM
    It isn't so much the theme that might have caused the problem. It could have been an issue with an app data. What I would suggest before installing anything on your BB is to back up the data first.

Since you have the BB working, back it up and try installing the theme again. Btw, do you have any icons that might be theme controlled? I can imagine a theme controlled icon/app being active and when you changed the theme it caused the problem. Always good to check on these small things - but backing up your data first is your ultimate weapon against any BB errors.
    01-26-11 11:00 PM
    I had a theme give me error 523 once. I contacted the developer (after reloading my OS). He fixed the bug, and there were no further issues with the theme.
    01-26-11 11:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD