I will pay also...LOL i am a picky person and i have a mac so i can't try and do it myself. I love Kurt Halsey artwork. I can provide the pictures for the screens and describe the font/icons i would like if anyone can help me out that would be amazing. I have posted a request on themes4bb before with no response so i figured i'd ask any talented people in my crack fam!!

ZEN theme either side or bottom dock, whatever will look better...for 8130 pearl

Here are the pictures i'd like

Home screen

OR

((which ever you think would look better, maybe use one that you dont use for the download screen?))

Call Screen(would not want any typing going over the pic...meaning that when it says incoming call i would want the typing to be below the fireflies)

Lock Screen
    Last edited by ShortStop51001; 06-06-08 at 09:11 PM.
    06-04-08 10:18 AM
    When you scroll through the applications i would like one of these fireflies to be the indicator. When i mean indicator i mean when you get a text message or such there is usually a indicator such as a star to show you that that is where the message is that you just recieved. I do not have software to crop out one of the fireflies sorry.

ORR His heart...i couldnt crop this one either :-(

Font i would like anything similar to how he writes, not too fancy Here's an example...

I'm sure if someone can make this, you would know what type of icons would look best. Like i said i am willing to pay. my AIM screenname is ShortStop51001 or you can PM me! Thank you in advance!!!
    Last edited by ShortStop51001; 06-06-08 at 09:13 PM.
    06-04-08 11:06 AM
    GIMP is free, and I use that to crop, resize, alpha channels (for transparencies, ie like the indicator, etc), also xnview is free and can be used for batch resizing of files.

The hardest part of theme building for me is making custom icons if you can't find ones you like. It's just so time consuming for me, and then testing to make sure all the banner stuff meshes well, and that the final product looks good. Using the desktop app to install themes resets the damned phone, thanks RIM... so you restart to install, restart to uninstall

Unfortunately I don't have a Pearl so I'd be unable to test anything I made for you I know on my 8320 Theme Builder doesn't show the wifi logo, so you have to 'know' where it is and work around it (lots of my early testing went to this hehe). Anyone know if the 8130 has similar issues with banner stuff?
    06-04-08 11:50 AM
    Hmm, is there anything for mac that i could use to make a theme? and where would i look for icons? i dont mind looking I can understand how it is hard to make sure everything "fits" and i hate installing themes in pocketmac and the bb resetting as well.

Does anyone have ideas that could make this all easier??

edit: looked into gimp & xnview looks like it runs only on windows
    06-04-08 11:52 AM
    I can help you.
    As this is highly customized, it will take some time.
    I can complete the task in 1 week or less.
    Also, because this is a highly customized theme, I will accept your payment.

PM me if you are still interested or if no one has replied to your request. My email and PIN are in my profile.

Dm
    06-06-08 09:24 PM
    ty very much!! actually i got a reply on themes4bb at the same time i posted for some help. I am going to see what she has to offer 1st as she said she would work on it. If it is not satisfactory i will be PMing you
    06-06-08 09:38 PM
    You looking this as your image

and or homescreen:

These are a sample
    Last edited by FARBES; 06-07-08 at 03:16 PM.
    06-07-08 03:13 PM
    oooh me likey It looks great! very nice and simple i love it!!
    06-07-08 03:17 PM
    Are you sure about this?
    06-07-08 03:19 PM
    lol i dont know much about themes? Is there something wrong with it that i should be noticing...? LOL... I like the first homescreen the one with the bigger image How much??
    06-07-08 03:24 PM
    lol i dont know much about themes? Is there something wrong with it that i should be noticing...? LOL... I like the first homescreen the one with the bigger image How much??
    Ha, I honestly haven't own BB pearl.. how much?? Nah.. its free. I will let you know where you can downloading it on internet, okay? BRB few mins. I gonna fix it now.
    06-07-08 03:37 PM
    Thank You So Much!!!
    06-07-08 03:46 PM
    ShortStop,

Here downloading is: ShortStop8100.zip (237.37 KB)

the instructions: JAD files can download on your BB without DM nor OTA!

SHORT VERSION:
    1. Plug in your USB cable to connect the 8300/8800/8100 to the computer.
    2. Open where your Blackberry is in MyComputer via media card.
    3. Create a New Folder and call it "Themes", before also you trying to created a "theme" to open the ShortStop8100 floder that you export to.
    4. Right click the folder, click "extract all" of jad and drag it to the Themes folder. Save them in this folder. When your done, all your files should be in that folder.
    5. Unplug your Blackberry and set your theme.

To check:
    1. Select "Media"
    2. Press the BlackBerry button (seven black dots)
    3. Select "Explore" from the menu.
    4. Select "Media Card"
    5. Select "Blackberry"
    6. Select "Themes" ( Find your folder you created )
    7. Once in that folder..find the .jad file and select it. Select download and the theme will install. then done..
    Select "End Key"
    Select opition>>theme, see lists of themes whichever you select.

These instructions works!
    06-07-08 04:01 PM
    i have a mac does that make a difference?? i dont have desktop manager...i am using a usb reader to make the theme folder under my media card, but i do not have an "extract all" under a secondary mouse click on a mac. do i just drag the jad file to the theme folder i made?

since i couldnt not extract all i just dragged the .jad file to the themes folder i made. This did not work, i went under explore and the file was there but i could not download the file. So then i tried and dragged all the .cod files to the same folder under my media card, and under explore on my phone i could not see the file.

EDITTTTT: i figured it out. I loaded all the files in the folder to the theme folder i made on the memory card and it worked out fine....TY very much i love it!!
    Last edited by ShortStop51001; 06-07-08 at 04:27 PM.
    06-07-08 04:05 PM
    i have a mac does that make a difference?? i dont have desktop manager...i am using a usb reader to make the theme folder under my media card, but i do not have an "extract all" under a secondary mouse click on a mac. do i just drag the jad file to the theme folder i made?

since i couldnt not extract all i just dragged the .jad file to the themes folder i made. This did not work, i went under explore and the file was there but i could not download the file. So then i tried and dragged all the .cod files to the same folder under my media card, and under explore on my phone i could not see the file.
    Oh WOW, you must be richer because you have own MAC! Ha jk.. I am window pc user!

Oh I don't familiar with Mac stuffs. I hope someone who has own mac and help you out asap.
    Last edited by FARBES; 06-07-08 at 04:28 PM.
    06-07-08 04:24 PM

see bold: yes you need to drag jad file include cod files into the theme folder you created, also..
    06-07-08 04:26 PM
    i figured it out!! when i saved the download file i had a bunch of "cod" files and a "jad" file. i dragged all files to the folder i made on my media card and then went under explore and it downloaded successfully!! TY very much!!
    06-07-08 04:31 PM
    ShortStop, You are welcome... I am so relief now!
    06-07-08 04:36 PM
    nice theme creation
    06-08-08 08:13 PM
    When you scroll through the applications i would like one of these fireflies to be the indicator. When i mean indicator i mean when you get a text message or such there is usually a indicator such as a star to show you that that is where the message is that you just recieved. I do not have software to crop out one of the fireflies sorry.

ORR His heart...i couldnt crop this one either :-(
    You seem to be missing these requests on the theme that was given to you.

Dm
    06-09-08 10:52 AM
    Hey can someone mod a theme for me? I really like the vista today theme, but I want to change the today screen apps. I have all the theme building stuff, I just don't think I could make a new one that good; vista today is pretty intricate!

Thanks, Ken
    06-09-08 11:10 PM
    Are there any Theme Builders that work in a Mac/Apple environment?
    06-23-08 05:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD