Hi, I am a newbie and I'm tying to understand today themes. Yes I have done many searches, but I'm not quite getting the "right" answers. I have downloaded two today themes, and it doesn't do what it does for everyone else. I don't see messages or calendar or weather. Is there an app I have to have on my BB in order for the themes to work?
    BTW....I have a Bold.

TIA
    11-13-09 09:32 PM
    i dont use today themes. however, i think the option to show has to be activated within the theme or you need to have stuff on your calendar upcoming to show. im not 100% sure, but in the 5.0 OS's you can turn today on or off. when i activate the today theme on my 8900 with the newest 5.0, it gets rid of all home screen icons and only has 3 of them remain in horizontal order (messages, phone, calendar with upcoming events). some others may look or be different depending on the theme, model or OS. i changed it back to the zen theme though.
    Last edited by dictoresno; 11-13-09 at 09:48 PM.
    11-13-09 09:43 PM
    Thanks you kinda helped....but I'm still a bit lost. Any other information ppl? Please?
    11-13-09 09:52 PM
    well when you have these specific today themes applied, what do you see.
    11-13-09 09:58 PM
    In many cases, messages, calendar, and weather have to be in a certain slot on your home page in order for the items to be displayed. It depends on the particular theme.
    11-13-09 09:59 PM
    well when you have these specific today themes applied, what do you see.
    Well, I have a theme named:Hidden Scroll Today (I think). On the first three pages it dims the background so I can see the today font upfront. But of course, mine is blank.
    11-13-09 10:04 PM
    Most of the Today themes just show you new messages and upcoming calendar events.

With messages, once you read them, they disappear from the Today screen.

Calendar entries only show from the default calendar. So, if you have multiple e-mail addresses on your BB, it will have a calendar associated with each e-mail address (and possibly one for the Facebook app). You'll need to figure out which calendar you want to use for events and such. You can then choose the default calendar in Ooptions > Advanced Options > Default Services.
    11-14-09 06:44 AM
    Today themes will show new messages and also calendar entries that are on your default CICAL. It will only show that one CICAL. Check to make sure your future calendar entries are on a CICAL and that it is set to the default CICAL. (Note: facebook is known to changeing the default CICAL to itself thus no longer showing the calendar)
    11-14-09 08:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD