07-17-10 01:19 PM
29 12
tools
    Please tell me why my calander entries are not showing up in today themes
    04-22-09 08:51 PM
    Do you have them set as an "All Day" event? That's prob why.
    04-22-09 08:56 PM
    No they are not set as a all day event. They have been working it just stopped today
    04-22-09 09:02 PM
    Did you install the new fb app? It seems to have taken over the today theme calendar entries. Any help on how to make it go back would be appreciated.

Is there someway to set it so all the calendar entries show up in the today theme? For some reason only one of the calendars show up at a time.
    04-22-09 09:07 PM
    Have you tried a battery pull?
    04-22-09 09:11 PM
    yes I did install the new fb app last night. How can I got back to the old version. Or am I just stuck
    04-22-09 09:13 PM
    Try this. I believe that the only thing you might incounter with this is you won't be able to send your appts. through email. I'm not sure though.

You might also need to resend your service books

I am a MotoQ to Crackberry convert. I love the Today Theme, mainly for the calendar events being displayed. I too was having an issue with events not properly displaying on the home screen. After much frustration, backing up and wiping my phone, and numberous calls to BB support... I finally noticed something.

The events on the home screen displayed properly after I wiped my phone and reinstalled everything. THEN... I relinked my email accounts. This is exactly when the calendar events started not displaying again. (A deleted event would even remain on the home screen until I switched themes back-and-forth or rebooted my phone.)

This issue IS tied to the fact that when you add/link email accounts, the calendar always wants to associate an event with a linked email address. If you have email accounts linked to your phone, there is no way to set up a calendar event without it being linked to an email address.

THE SOLUTION:
    1. Go to Options - Advanced - Service Book
    2. You will see 2 items listed for every email account you have linked.
    3. Click on one of the email items to view its Service Record.
    4. DELETE the email item that has CICAL listed for CID.
    5. DO NOT delete the email item that has CMIME listed for CID.
    6. Do this for every email account you see listed there.

After you have completed this, you are good to go. I have not experienced any more issues with calendar events on the today theme home screen. The only functionality that I can see will be removed by following these instructions is that you will not be able to send invitations from a calendar event.
    Last edited by eripmu; 04-22-09 at 09:23 PM.
    04-22-09 09:20 PM
    Wow it worked! You are so smart. How can I find u if I have anymore bb issues? Thanks so much. ! I have been working on this all day
    04-22-09 09:35 PM
    I had the same problem about a week ago and this is what I came accross. Glad to help

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-22-09 09:37 PM
    Great info thanks!!
    I'm wondering if there's a way to show only TODAY'S entries on the home screen. For example, if I don't have any calendar entries for today, nothing shows on the home screen. I don't really like the idea of having future events displayed on the home screen; seeing them day by day seems more logical to me. I can always open the calendar if I needed to check my schedule for the next days/week/month.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by baaz; 04-23-09 at 08:14 PM.
    04-23-09 08:12 PM
    Sorry to inform you but I don't believe tthere is an option for that. Unless there is an app out there that I don't know of.

04-23-09 08:18 PM
    Fuggin sweet! It worked. I had to remove the one for Facebook as well. Seems to do the trick... Well see what happens in the future.

04-29-09 01:37 PM
    Go in to fb and go to options. Remove the check from the calendar application. You can remove the one for message app too and they will stop showing up in messages as well as fb.

04-29-09 01:47 PM
    Thanks Eripmu my theme stopped displaying properly after having to resend my service books. If I put in a new appt it was fine but existiing ones would not show. I thought I was stuck with it that way but followed the directions and everything is working again as it should!!!
    04-29-09 02:48 PM
    Hi, I am new to Crackberry and I followed the instructions you posted to show the calendar events on the today screen, however it is still not working...Do you have any other suggestions?
    05-01-09 08:15 PM
    I'm sorry I don't know any other options. The other option I can think of as of now is goto>calendar>BB button>options>highlight one of your calendars and type rset and that will clear your entire calendar and start over. FYI that WILL ERASE the entrees in the claendar.

Try inputing a new calendar appt to see if they show up in the today theme if you decide to do it to make sure it works first.

05-01-09 08:24 PM
    ok....so now my e-mails are not working after trying this fix...ive resent service books, reset the phone, and called tech support...what did this do to my phone????
    05-01-09 09:12 PM
    Wow didn't expect that to happen. Battery pull?

05-01-09 09:14 PM
    yeah ive tried that...deleting my email profiles from the bis site too...they said there is nothing they can do and i have no clue what to do now......
    05-01-09 09:18 PM
    There is something you can do. Tech doesn't have all the anwsers. There are many here that might know here. Try PMing amazinggraceless and let him know of the problem. He's very knowledgable

05-01-09 09:25 PM
    Try this. I believe that the only thing you might incounter with this is you won't be able to send your appts. through email. I'm not sure though.

You might also need to resend your service books
    Hello, and first thanks for your help. I did as you suggested with the service books and deleted the cical, and now my calendar does not show any events on the today screen. I am not sure what I may have done wrong, but I would appreciate any help. I really do like to know what is happening each day.

Thanks again
    05-08-09 11:52 AM
    I'm sorry I don't know any other options. The other option I can think of as of now is goto>calendar>BB button>options>highlight one of your calendars and type rset and that will clear your entire calendar and start over. FYI that WILL ERASE the entrees in the claendar.

Try inputing a new calendar appt to see if they show up in the today theme if you decide to do it to make sure it works first.

Did you try this strangefamily?
    05-08-09 12:07 PM
    the best solution that I have found is that if you have a old back up with the old service books on there, use the advance option on the backup/restore from the DM and restore only the service books and that works well and don't have to sacrifice the option to send invites for your appointments.
    05-08-09 12:40 PM
    Hi, I am new to Crackberry and I followed the instructions you posted to show the calendar events on the today screen, however it is still not working...Do you have any other suggestions?
    This is an FYI for everyone with this issue.

If you go to your calendar and go menu>options, you should see a list of all the calendars on your device. Most of them are going to be the associated email addresses. For example, mine are emailaddress1, emailaddress2, emailaddress3, and finally, Device Default.

You need to go into each of these calendars and you will see how many entries are contained in each one. For mine, it was zero for all but Device Default which had 125 entries.

If you find that another calendar has your entries then don't delete it. However, I don't know how to get rid of the Device Default calendar and default to an email address related calendar. It would be nice to be able to.
    06-13-09 05:01 PM
    Alright, I've done some more experimenting because I did my above steps, then synced with Google Sync to my Google Calendar. I ended up having double entries.

My fix was to open Desktop Manager, go to Backup/Restore, click the Advanced button, then click clear on the "Calendar - All" entry. This left me with a completely blank calendar.

I then resent my service books which reinstated my three email CICAL entries. I then re-synced with Google Sync and now all my entries are under my sprint.blackberry.net email address so I can now send invites. Also, no more duplicate entries.

If someone knows how to do this without using Google Sync, that would be helpful.
    06-13-09 05:40 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD