bPhone is one of those applications that you simply cannot pass up! Who wouldnt want to be walking around with a BlackBerry that looks just like an iPhone! Its just cool! The only thing you want to make sure you do before installing it onto your BlackBerry is to check whether or not you have version 4.2.1 of the BlackBerry OS installed or not!

For the 8700 series, if youre below this version, your phone might become unusable! For the Curve 8300 and the 8830, you need to make sure you have OS version 4.2.2 or later installed. You can check the version of the OS on your BlackBerry by going to Options and then clicking on About.

You can download the application either onto your desktop or over the air directly onto your phone. Once installed, you have to reset your BlackBerry by pulling out the battery in order for the theme to show up in your theme list.

Inspired by the iPhone, the bPhone software for BlackBerry features icons straight from the iPhone along with custom-made icons that fit nicely into the iPhone theme. The top banner is dark glass, the signal and battery indicators were created from scratch to mimic the iPhones exactly, the busy indicator is the Mac OS X beachball, and there is a slight use of gray and blue (the Mac and iPhones primary GUI interface colors) throughout the theme. The fonts are also set at a medium size.

Its definitely not necessary to install this kind of app on your BlackBerry, but people love it for the same reason they love changing themes in Windows: you just want something different to look at (thats sexier and more pretty)!! bPhone is a cool app that has been tested and therefore safe to install as long as you are running the right OS! Enjoy!
    02-04-08 05:21 AM
    Who wouldnt want to be walking around with a BlackBerry that looks just like an iPhone!
    Me, for one. Who else doesn't want their BB to look like an iPhone?

Was this a poll?
    02-04-08 08:37 AM
    Yea is this an update or something? Hasn't this been around a while?
    02-04-08 09:42 AM
    I installed it because I can't find another theme with nice simple looking icons like these. I can't figure out how to make them look bigger though.
    02-04-08 09:58 AM
    I have been using it for a while just because I like the icons, ditched the fish though.
    02-04-08 10:08 AM
    Ya, this is old news. Been using iBerry Black theme for months now.
    02-04-08 10:46 AM
    Just remember some people are new here.
    02-04-08 12:20 PM
    What I don't understand is why he included the bottom two screenshots from a separate iPhone style theme. Look at the Profiles icon and the media icon in the top screen shot compared to the bottom. Also, I use the bPhone theme and it doesn't show which icon is active using the lines and the carat symbol nor are there labels under each icon. Very odd.
    02-04-08 12:37 PM
    Me, for one. Who else doesn't want their BB to look like an iPhone?

Was this a poll?
    Count my vote for not wanting it. If I wanted my phone to look like an iPhone, I would have purchased an iPhone....
    02-04-08 12:50 PM
    Don't care for it either, and yes this is old news!
    02-04-08 02:35 PM
    This theme sucks... Slowed down my blackberry too much to make it worth using.

Thumbs down.
    02-05-08 07:52 AM
    Ugh, why not get an iPhone?

You're not fooling anybody with your iPhone with BlackBerry emblazened on it and keys!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-05-08 05:34 PM
    Maybe some of us find the iPhone to be aesthetically appealing. I know that I certainly do. On the other hand, I could never give up the virtually bulletproof reliability and functionality of a BlackBerry. Themes like this provide both (I use bPhone Today on an 8130 without any deliterious repercussions).
    02-05-08 06:09 PM
    ya This is old news, I do have many themes on my phone and this is one of them, I currently switched it to this theme and it's no bad, it works and it looks nice, I haven't used it much so I be looking to see if it does actually slow down my BB.
    02-12-08 05:56 PM
    I hope that someone makes a blackberry theme for the iPhone...

02-21-08 01:08 AM

02-21-08 01:14 AM
    liked the icons and the fonts but it was sooooo slow!! i wasn't able to stop it when it was loading either.
    03-22-08 03:33 PM
    I have this theme and I absolutely love it!!
    03-22-08 03:38 PM

The theme should have reminders like having some blackberries with the caption

"BlackBerry Smartphone:
    What I really wanted for X-mas"

03-22-08 05:11 PM
    ok this may be a dumb question but where do i go to get the bphone theme?
    03-26-08 09:53 AM
    this is a great theme, but i think it gave my bb a memory leak.
    03-26-08 08:13 PM
    i've never had any problems with it slowing my phone down or leaking memory
    03-26-08 08:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD