Greetings

I currently have a Blackberry 8800
    v4.5.0.81 (platform 2.7.0.78)

Is that the latest OS for the phone? If not Do I really need to upgrade the OS? How do I do that and what steps do I need to undertake so I dont brick the phone...

Also where can I get a BOLD 9000 theme for my phone? How do I install it? Would it work?

Thanks Guys/Girls
    04-14-09 12:46 AM
    The most current version of the OS for the 8800, along with install instructions can be found here:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f33/new...nguage-166297/

The differences between versions is minimal, so and upgrade would only be if you want the latest and greatest. You cannot use Bold themes on an 88xx device as the OS and the screen resolutions are different. However, their are replica themes like the Bold and Storm that are made for the 88xx devices. Here are a couple of links:

Elecite - Premium BlackBerry Themes
    Bold & Storm Replicas [Desktop & OTA] | Z Man Designs
    Last edited by Patrickwc; 04-14-09 at 05:23 PM.
    04-14-09 02:20 PM
    AHHH crap man I wanted to change my theme into a bolds.
    04-14-09 03:41 PM
    The most current version of the OS for the 8800, along with install instructions can be found here:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f33/new...nguage-166297/

The differences between versions is minimal, so and upgrade would only be if you want the latest and greatest. You cannot use Bold themes on an 88xx device as the OS and the screen resolutions are different. However, their are replica themes like the Bold and Storm that are made for the 88xx devices. Here are a couple of links:

Elecite - Premium BlackBerry Themes
    Bold & Storm Replicas [Desktop & OTA] | Z Man Designs
    thanks patrick

I meant Replica bold themes.. so If I stay with my current OS I could Load the theme on to my phone?... But How do I? What are the steps needed
    04-14-09 11:03 PM
    You are fine with your current OS. There are two ways that you can load the themes onto your phone. One is OTA (Over the Air), the other is with a download and install through the DM. OTA is the easiest and what most vendors of replica themes use. Here is a link from the Blackberry 101 lecture series that discusses the basics of installation.

BlackBerry 101: The Basics of BlackBerry Themes | CrackBerry.com
    04-15-09 06:50 AM
    I got the precision them on my BB 8800 and it looks beautiful
    05-20-09 10:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD