12-19-09 10:31 AM
30 12
tools
    I have all the org. Bold icons which are in 80X80 size. I'm trying to make a theme for my 8100 with them and they need to be smaller. But when I try and open them up in Photoshop they get distorted.

Here's some screenshots to show you what I'm talking about:

Here's what they look like to start with:

And here's what they end up like in PS:

So, there's no way to even try to resize them if PS messes them up like this. Any help?

One last question, what font (Mainly the clock) does the Blackberry Bold use?
    09-25-08 09:05 AM
    Where did you get the icons from? Can you pm me a link or something so that I can try my hand at resizing them for the theme I am making as well, if I have any better luck I will send the resized ones back at you.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-25-08 11:17 AM
    Where did you get the icons from? Can you pm me a link or something so that I can try my hand at resizing them for the theme I am making as well, if I have any better luck I will send the resized ones back at you.

I can't remember exactly where I got them. I have the Bold icons as well as the Kickstart ones. Here are both:

Bold: Download Bold9000Extracted.zip - File Qube

Kickstart: Download Kickstart_Default_Theme_Icons.rar - File Qube
    09-25-08 12:02 PM
    Here's another solution, found this in another forum. It's the Plazmic 4.6 CDK and it has the best set of Bold icons. If anyone get's them resized please post em back here. I have been trying to resize them as well for my BB Pearl 8100 themes. Change hxxp to http for the link. hxxp://rapidshare.com/files/147833905/Plazmic_CDK_v4_6_Bundle20.exe.html

THanks
    09-25-08 12:24 PM
    Thanks for the link. I've been wanting 4.6 anyway. Do those icons do what I posted about? If not I can resize them no problem in Photoshop.
    09-25-08 12:44 PM
    I resized the Precision480x320 icons and they didn't distort that I saw but they looked stubby or something. They are 80x80 pixels but the Precision240x320 icons are the same "but for the flip phone" and are 46x46 pixels and might resize better for the Pearl 8100
    09-25-08 01:09 PM
    I can resize most any icons. I'm resizing the Buuf icons now for a theme. It's just these Bold ones that's giving me trouble. I've never had any trouble till these. (I haven't downloaded 4.6 yet, download has been slow today. I'll get it tomorrow.)

I'll also post the resized Buuf icons when done too.

09-25-08 09:06 PM
    Here's a good site with some BB icons as well:

Blackberry Icons | eOnline Now
    09-26-08 08:24 AM
    Hey thanks for the links I've been kinda busy since I first posted but I will get those links and see if I got the same problem and will let you all know

09-26-08 08:41 AM
    ok...here's a clue on the icons.

The bold icons that look all distorted in Photoshop..they are in 256 color mode. Change them to 16M color mode and they look a lot nicer...

you're welcome...
    09-26-08 10:06 PM
    Hmm, I'll try that out. Thanks.

09-27-08 08:08 AM
    I figured it out...... I was using Gimp and even tried photoimpact to resize the icons but when I downloaded and tried photo shop pro it worked like a charm.
    09-29-08 03:46 PM
    Photoshop Pro? Never heard of that version. I'm using Adobe Photoshop CS 3 Extended. I also tried it in the older Photoshop CS too. Still get the same results. I still need to try the color count too.

09-30-08 06:00 AM
    thx for the links!
    09-30-08 12:18 PM
    Bold: Download Bold9000Extracted.zip - File Qube

Kickstart: Download Kickstart_Default_Theme_Icons.rar - File Qube[/QUOTE]

does anyone have these icon sets properly named?
    when i extract these they are all named like this:
    net_rim_theme_precision_zen_480x320_b.cod.1.PNG

according to Plazmic, you can automatically import an icon set if they were properly named for the theme.

does anyone have this already, or am i stuck renaming 500+ files manually for each zip fie?
    10-10-08 02:00 PM
    Even if they were named, they're still not resized correctly. To answer your question, no I don't any that's named correctly. You can try Plazmic 4.6, it contains all the Bold icons, but you'd still have to resize them as well.

10-10-08 05:11 PM
    is there a specific setting in photoshop that i need to make sure i keep when resizing?

i remember reading somewhere that the dpi needs to be set as well but i dont remember where i read it or what it should be set to....

i am trying to resize the Bold icons that came with Plamic 4.6 for a theme i am working on for the 83xx and 81xx series.
    10-14-08 10:42 AM
    Im in the same boat. I have the icons in both 80x80 and 46x46. Im trying to make a theme for my 8330. As far as I can tell, they need to be 48x36 for the curves (is this even right?). Ive tried to resize them with Gimp (dont have photoshop), but they get distorted. Im not real good with all the graphics stuff. Does anyone know how to resize them so they will appear clean on the 83xx? Im using Plazmic 4.6 and OS 4.5 if it matters.

Heck, id even be willing to paypal someone a few bucks if they would send me the already sized icons.

Thanks!
    10-17-08 09:01 PM
    If anyone was successful in making the icons work for the 8100, please let me know. Unfortunately, thing aren't working out for me. :[
    10-22-08 05:31 PM
    I have them all sized and named for 48x36. AND in different colors!
    10-22-08 10:32 PM
    The Bold icons, but you'd still have to resize them as well.

Did you ever figure out what the deal was with the funky look in Photo Shop?

Did you ever get the Bold icons resized?

Tim
    10-22-08 11:01 PM
    why are you guys playing with the icons that were ripped? Use the icons that are in the 4.6 version of CDK. You will need to resize them...but they are names and do not look "funky" in photoshop.
    10-23-08 08:31 AM
    I have the Precision 480x360 (bold) icon set completly resized and correctly named for the 83xx series.
    If you want to see what they look like take a look at the theme I made with them.
    Sierra_Custom 83xx 4.2+

I will be at my computer later this afternoon and can zip them up if anyone is still interested.

10-24-08 07:58 AM
    I have the Precision 480x360 (bold) icon set completly resized and correctly named for the 83xx series.
    If you want to see what they look like take a look at the theme I made with them.
    Sierra_Custom 83xx 4.2+

I will be at my computer later this afternoon and can zip them up if anyone is still interested.

Yes, please share your icon. Many thanks
    10-24-08 09:42 AM
    Sierra_Custom 83xx 4.2+

I am interested in these also. Please post!!
    10-24-08 11:21 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD