Error when backing up Tour: "[Theme Settings] 0 of 1 entries retrieved

Using DM 5 that came with my Tour. This error has just started showing up the last couple of weeks. Tried uninstalling themes that I've added the last week or so. No luck. The backup *seems* to finish ok. Ideas anyone? I found a couple of threads elsewhere about it but so far nothing that really explains it.
    10-14-09 10:56 PM
    That would be your theme settings. Personal background pictures, folders, icon locations etc. If it can't back them up, it's no big deal. Even if you delete themes, the theme settings will remain for a while.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-15-09 08:00 PM
    I suppose, but it's just a *pain*. Hopefully, it will keep the themes themselves???

I have several themes and to have to go through them all to reconfigure isn't any fun. I did do an advance restore of just the theme settings from an older backup and that brought back some of the settings for ones that have been on the Tour for a while. But any added since that backup have gone back to default settings. I would like to know what's causing it so I can avoid the problem going forward.
    Last edited by 52bear; 10-15-09 at 10:23 PM. Reason: added info
    10-15-09 09:37 PM
    So far so good. Found this...

View Document

Specifically:

Clear the affected database using the BlackBerry smartphone by completing the following steps:

1. Record the name of the database that you want to back up.
    2. In the error message window, click Cancel.
    3. In BlackBerry Desktop Manager, click Backup and Restore.
    4. Click Advanced.
    5. In the Device databases section, select the database, and click Clear.
    6. Click OK in the warning window.
    7. Click Close.
    10-17-09 10:57 PM
    I performed this operation, but then my theme was back to its original configuration. The icons are all back where they used to be. If I move them to my liking, will I once again encounter this error when backing up the device?
    01-26-10 11:25 AM
    So far so good. Found this...

View Document

Specifically:

Clear the affected database using the BlackBerry smartphone by completing the following steps:

1. Record the name of the database that you want to back up.
    2. In the error message window, click Cancel.
    3. In BlackBerry Desktop Manager, click Backup and Restore.
    4. Click Advanced.
    5. In the Device databases section, select the database, and click Clear.
    6. Click OK in the warning window.
    7. Click Close.

This works. Sure, you have to re-locate icons and all, but that's ok.
    08-08-10 11:27 AM
    i have found from p[ersonal use, that i only get this error when using an image from my memory card as a wp, if i put the image on my device memory, then use it its ok.

not sure if thats a definite fix, but hope it helps some people

edit: just to add if you have multiple themes then the error persists until you change all the wp`s to either default or device memory based, not just the theme you are currently running (which is a pain 1st time around)
    08-08-10 06:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD